HSV Forum

Page 2 of 2 First << 12

Thread: Wifey's Car.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post
    I was cross shopping these and tried all three variants of the A45 and didn't like how they drove. Not fond of Audis... I ended up putting a deposit in April on a DCT M2 with bits. Delivered early Nov. Just in time for our annual camping holiday but the 1500km I have put on it so far have all been good. I was concerned about the chassis tune but it isn't harsh and very very chuckable. Break in tune (as the boys in the US of A call it) gets overwritten at the first service at 2000km. Get launch and all the kW and Nm and revs then too.

Bit of a change going from GenF GTS to a 2 door small car but it is good. The sound is amazing as well.

More kW to come... Some easy gains.

Martin I hope your wife enjoys her RS3.
    Thanks, I'm sure she will.
    Like I said, it's totally a matter of personal choice of what suits one best.
    What amazes me is the performance that can be extracted from these "little" engines,..quite remarkable.
    Pickles.

Congrats on the upgrade. Should be fantastic - one of the best and unique sounding engines around too!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    Not a bad write up.
    Almost 3 years ago Wifey decided she wanted something "sporty" (her words) by way of a small hatch to drive, there were only two choices as far as we were concerned,..the A45 or the S3. At the time there was a 12 month wait for the A45, but we could've got one straight away, because the salesman who had previously sold us a C63 had a cancelled order.
    We drove the S3 first, and after that Wifey didn't even really want to drive the A45, because she just LOVED the Audi. But because we knew the AMG guy as a friend it was only polite to do so. If you're going ten tenths, the A45 would be faster, but only just, and for all ordinary driving, the S3 was just so much more comfortable. I know the suspension on the current A45 is not so harsh, and I know it's a fast car, but it's not so easy to live with on an everyday basis. If ya want a "rally car" big bolstered seats, a hardish ride etc, then the A45 would probably be the best for you, but the S3 is absolutely brilliant.
    So, the RS3?..Wifey takes delivery tomorrow!! She's getting one with Performance Pack, Panoramic Roof (both necessities IMHO), and a few other little things like adaptive cruise, black highlights etc, which we didn't really want, but they were on the only car the Dealer had, and they are in short supply, so we had no option.
    This car has 270KW,...208 for the S3, so this car is appreciably quicker. We were going to wait for the upgraded 297kw version, but Audi advise it's initially only coming here as a sedan, which wifey doesn't like, so we decided to go for this one, which will be quite fast enough for Wifey, 0-100 in 4.3 ain't slow.
    I think the Audi product is excellent, and for every day driving, it would be more comfortable than the A45, but of course it's a matter of personal choice. If you're after an RS3 Hatch, maybe ya'd better move quickly, because I don't think there's too many about.
    Pickles.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply

I had a Golf R32 before the Maloo and still miss it today.

It refreshing to see the RS3 finally being allowed on Aussie soil, its the real wolf in sheep's clothing! In saying that, the Golf R/S3 has also done very well, lots of satisfied converts!

Racing... Because football, rugby, basketball & golf only require one ball

Wifey now has her RS3 Sportback. LOVES it.
    She's reaonably Ok with the mechanical specs, but says, "All that means to me is that I can get away from the lights very quickly, leaving everyone else miles behind, and the "Cold Startup" reminds me of the C63"!!
    I reckon it's great little car, 270KW, 465NM, 7 sp DSG (up from 6 in the S3), & MASSIVE 8 piston front brakes. Amongst several extras on the car is the Performance Pack (which should be standard IMHO) which even includes stuff like wider front wheels & bigger rubber! 0-100 is 4.3, which ain't slow.
    Pickles.

Congrats on the wife's new ride Martin...I considered the RS3 when I bought my A45 but preferred the A45 interior and with 280kW and 0 to 100 in 4.2 it's no slouch...absolutely love the AWD especially in the wet

Quote Originally Posted by jkhsv View Post
    Congrats on the wife's new ride Martin...I considered the RS3 when I bought my A45 but preferred the A45 interior and with 280kW and 0 to 100 in 4.2 it's no slouch...absolutely love the AWD especially in the wet
    Yes, I'm aware that you've got a "1/10" on us!! And of course you're right, when ya get down to it, It's all a matter of personal choice. Karen just thought that the RS3 was not as "hard edged" as the A45, so for her everyday use, seating, getting in & out, getting others in & out, for her, the RS3 was the way to go. We are probably a bit older than you!
    She loved her S3 which she'd had for 3 yrs,..she loves the RS3 even more. She would've waited for the 297KW (400HP) version due early next year, but that's now been put back to third quarter 2017, for the Sedan, with no mention of a Sportback, which is what Karen wanted, so she bought this, in case she missed out altogether.
    Pickles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post
    I was cross shopping these and tried all three variants of the A45 and didn't like how they drove. Not fond of Audis... I ended up putting a deposit in April on a DCT M2 with bits. Delivered early Nov. Just in time for our annual camping holiday but the 1500km I have put on it so far have all been good. I was concerned about the chassis tune but it isn't harsh and very very chuckable. Break in tune (as the boys in the US of A call it) gets overwritten at the first service at 2000km. Get launch and all the kW and Nm and revs then too.

Bit of a change going from GenF GTS to a 2 door small car but it is good. The sound is amazing as well.

More kW to come... Some easy gains.

Martin I hope your wife enjoys her RS3.
    What mods you going to do ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    Yes, I'm aware that you've got a "1/10" on us!! And of course you're right, when ya get down to it, It's all a matter of personal choice. Karen just thought that the RS3 was not as "hard edged" as the A45, so for her everyday use, seating, getting in & out, getting others in & out, for her, the RS3 was the way to go. We are probably a bit older than you!
    She loved her S3 which she'd had for 3 yrs,..she loves the RS3 even more. She would've waited for the 297KW (400HP) version due early next year, but that's now been put back to third quarter 2017, for the Sedan, with no mention of a Sportback, which is what Karen wanted, so she bought this, in case she missed out altogether.
    Pickles.
    I saw a black S3 sedan on the weekend..it looked sexy as...can imagine an RS3 sedan in black with 297kW mmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by jkhsv View Post
    I saw a black S3 sedan on the weekend..it looked sexy as...can imagine an RS3 sedan in black with 297kW mmmmmmm
    Believe it or not, We would NEVER have a black car, if we could avoid it!!
    Bought a S/H Brock Commodore years ago, it was black, but I had to have it because of the very special car it was, but I'd never buy one new....too hard to look after, IMHO,..shows all the dust, scratches, buff marks etc, and heat up far more in the hot weather.
    BUT, I know they DO look good, if ya're prepared to do what is necessary to keep 'em nice!
    Pickles.

Thread Information