HSV Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>

Thread: Wifey's Car.

Wifey's Car.

Wifey's drive is an Audi S3 with Performance Pack & Roof.
    Just traded it on a new Audi RS3, again with Performance Pack & roof, also adaptive cruise & a few other nick nacks.
    Was going to wait for the upgrade 297KW, but there is a delay on that, so 270KW & 465Nm will do her just fine in the meantime!
    Pickles.

How did the exhaust on the RS3 pass ADR's? They make a great sound.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Previous: VX Clubsport, VYII Avalanche Wagon, VE R8 Clubsport.
    Current: E3 GTS, Audi SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    Wifey's drive is an Audi S3 with Performance Pack & Roof.
    Just traded it on a new Audi RS3, again with Performance Pack & roof, also adaptive cruise & a few other nick nacks.
    Was going to wait for the upgrade 297KW, but there is a delay on that, so 270KW & 465Nm will do her just fine in the meantime!
    Pickles.
    how much does the S3 weigh?

LS2 V3 Vortech Supercharged
    607rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by HEDSUP View Post
    how much does the S3 weigh?
    1500 kilos.
    But it ain't only the weight,....it is what quattro is all about.
    Pickles.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    1500 kilos.
    But it ain't only the weight,....it is what quattro is all about.
    Pickles.
    270kw+465nm@1500kg = lots of fun and a great cruiser

LS2 V3 Vortech Supercharged
    607rwhp

Fun is a Citroen 2CV drop-top. Spirited fun is a Lotus Europa Geoghan Special

Wifey picks it up tomorrow afternoon.
    Pickles.

I am considering one myself - sedan or hatch?

Did you compare it against the M2 or A45?

Not a bad review of the trio, here

Click for mods

Quote Originally Posted by Nath View Post
    I am considering one myself - sedan or hatch?

Did you compare it against the M2 or A45?

Not a bad review of the trio, here
    Not a bad write up.
    Almost 3 years ago Wifey decided she wanted something "sporty" (her words) by way of a small hatch to drive, there were only two choices as far as we were concerned,..the A45 or the S3. At the time there was a 12 month wait for the A45, but we could've got one straight away, because the salesman who had previously sold us a C63 had a cancelled order.
    We drove the S3 first, and after that Wifey didn't even really want to drive the A45, because she just LOVED the Audi. But because we knew the AMG guy as a friend it was only polite to do so. If you're going ten tenths, the A45 would be faster, but only just, and for all ordinary driving, the S3 was just so much more comfortable. I know the suspension on the current A45 is not so harsh, and I know it's a fast car, but it's not so easy to live with on an everyday basis. If ya want a "rally car" big bolstered seats, a hardish ride etc, then the A45 would probably be the best for you, but the S3 is absolutely brilliant.
    So, the RS3?..Wifey takes delivery tomorrow!! She's getting one with Performance Pack, Panoramic Roof (both necessities IMHO), and a few other little things like adaptive cruise, black highlights etc, which we didn't really want, but they were on the only car the Dealer had, and they are in short supply, so we had no option.
    This car has 270KW,...208 for the S3, so this car is appreciably quicker. We were going to wait for the upgraded 297kw version, but Audi advise it's initially only coming here as a sedan, which wifey doesn't like, so we decided to go for this one, which will be quite fast enough for Wifey, 0-100 in 4.3 ain't slow.
    I think the Audi product is excellent, and for every day driving, it would be more comfortable than the A45, but of course it's a matter of personal choice. If you're after an RS3 Hatch, maybe ya'd better move quickly, because I don't think there's too many about.
    Pickles.

I was cross shopping these and tried all three variants of the A45 and didn't like how they drove. Not fond of Audis... I ended up putting a deposit in April on a DCT M2 with bits. Delivered early Nov. Just in time for our annual camping holiday but the 1500km I have put on it so far have all been good. I was concerned about the chassis tune but it isn't harsh and very very chuckable. Break in tune (as the boys in the US of A call it) gets overwritten at the first service at 2000km. Get launch and all the kW and Nm and revs then too.

Bit of a change going from GenF GTS to a 2 door small car but it is good. The sound is amazing as well.

More kW to come... Some easy gains.

Martin I hope your wife enjoys her RS3.

Thread Information