HSV Forum

Page 2 of 3 First << 123 Last >>
    200's will fail the test 07GTS
    I've been to the RMS testing before voluntarily and anonymously with an NA car that had 200 cells.
    It's basically a dyno with a computer screen in front of it that requests different loads + braking, deceleration, acceleration etc. simulated driving on the dyno is very normal street use manners that you would normally drive low rpm etc

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Actually there is a loop hole!! A Gen F leaves the factory slready with a supercharger, you can run any cats exhaust ect as long as it's pass a noise test, no need for a gas test as it's technically already compliant

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    But white lie and 07GTS your cats are not meeting emissions are they?
    If you got tested you would fail.
    Yes of course.
    My car would probably never meet emissions in its current guise. Even putting on stock cats won't be anywhere near enough to make it pass...hence the contraption/suggestion above wouldn't make a difference to passing or not. May as well run some form of cat all of the time IMO

07's could possibly pass with 400cpi cats as e85 makes it a lot easier. I also don't think his cam throws as much out the exhaust as mine does.

Nath's car was fully compliant over here, I don't believe he's had cat issues?

Quote Originally Posted by rodders188 View Post
    Actually there is a loop hole!! A Gen F leaves the factory slready with a supercharger, you can run any cats exhaust ect as long as it's pass a noise test, no need for a gas test as it's technically already compliant
    What about when you change the cam?

bit of tuning saved me over 10% of fuel going out the exhaust from the cam, what actually causes a failed test is it the engine at stoich which burns all oxygen and fuel and then the cats burn off the emission from that but if your flowing too much for the cats to burn the volume of emission it then fails.? ive never had to do anything with emissions so ive never looked into it

Quote Originally Posted by rodders188 View Post
    really are you sure?

Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

[QUOTE=GenF

Gen F already meets ADR emission compliance. Only thing that may catch you out is the cam. But I wouldn't worry about it. Dummy cats

Don't you have to get re-tested if you want a cam, exhaust etc properly permitted/engineered?

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    Don't you have to get re-tested if you want a cam, exhaust etc properly permitted/engineered?
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    Yep
    That was my thoughts, and rodders having recently looked in to engineering his car, thought he'd be full bottle on this?

Thread Information