HSV Forum

Page 3 of 3 First << 123
    Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    That was my thoughts, and rodders having recently looked in to engineering his car, thought he'd be full bottle on this?
    In WA cam SC needs permit if you want. I personally think its worth doing however the cam , is the biggest problem.

I reckon if you changed the exhaust (put 100 or 200cpi cats on), upped the boost, intake, tune etc - bolt ons that most do within a short time frame of owning the car, you would still fail a 5 gas test....

I'm still confused by your comment of "you can run any cats exhaust ect as long as it's pass a noise test, no need for a gas test as it's technically already compliant"
    Once you change the exhaust, the compliance goes out the window. I think you'd be hard done by to get done for a defect on a "bolt on only" car unless you had bald tyres, too low, too loud and were carrying on like a muppet but if it goes over for an inspection and they notice the aftermarket pipes, don't they 5 gas it to permit/pass it anyway?

Not sure about other States, in NSW, "Technically" speaking even if you change the OEM air box to a pod type filter the vehicle needs to do an IM240 Emission test let alone "High Flow Cats". The compounded problem with the High Flow Cats is that the DTC code in the OEM ECU needs to be disabled to prevent throwing an "Engine Check Light", tampering/disabling with the DTC's in itself is illegal in NSW (but it happens).

Bugatti Chiron - 1500 hp, 6 catalytic convertors with 230,266 square metres of surface area
    https://www.carthrottle.com/post/8-a...ugatti-chiron/

Ferrari f355 - 4 cats, but looks to have a valve operated bypass circuit for 2 of them.
    http://www.forzacomponenti.com/faq355.html

30 football fields in surface area worth of cats? Holy crap!

Yep, that's enough to keep any mad cat lady happy

Thread Information