HSV Forum

Any info on weight of wheels VT-VZ ?

Hi, does anyone have any info on the weights of the OE wheels fitted to VT-VZ HSVs?

My VZ Clubsport wheels, 2006 model so the same as VY GTS but in silver, weighed in at 24kg with 235/35 19 tyres fitted.

Thanks dgp. I'll have to weigh on of my VT wheels to see how they compare.
    I'm looking at changing the wheels on my VT GTS for something of similar spec, preferably lighter weight. The VT SV99 and WH Grange wheels look to be same size and colour, so should suit car, weight probably not much different tho.
    I read somewhere that the 18" DTS OZ Racing wheels weigh 8.2kg without tyres.

That sounds about right for the DTS wheels.
    I weighed a 19" VE Series I Redline wheel, forged alloy and it was 12kg. I had both sets of wheels at the time and with tyres, the genuine HSV wheel was significantly heavier.
    I can't remember exactly, but I seem to recall the Redline wheels and tyres were about 4kg lighter than the HSV items.

The OZ racing wheels are worth a motza...
    If you want something realistically priced and don't mind aftermarket have a look at the Koya semi forged stuff. A lot of guys on here are running them and all happy reports. Even some of the VE/VF HSVi stuff can be picked up pretty cheap or Redlines like said above, just have to get them machined to fit.
    Depends what size you want I guess?

I think it will be much of a muchness between the VT-VZ OEM wheels if the diameter is the same. Might be a little in it if they're a less chunky design but the VT GTS wheel is pretty simple. They didn't really get light weight (apart from the OZ wheels) until they starting bringing out forged wheels in the VE/VF.

It doesn't sound like there is much to be gained in the VT-VZ OEM wheels.
    I've had a look at the Koya website, well priced for what they offer, deffinately worth considering.
    I was going to stick with 18" but will look at 19" as well due to more options. I'm guessing there would be some reduction in ride quality with the 19" wheel and lower profile tyre?
    Where would I take the wheels to get machined if I went for the VE/VF wheels?

Looks to be a lot more OEM options if I went 20"
    Last edited by back in black; 20-11-2016 at 01:09 PM.

The ride on 19"s isn't too bad, bear in mind a lot of VX-VZ models also got 19"s so it isn't an overly harsh thing. That would be my preference personally as I find it a good compromise between wheel size and tyre selection.

The "issue" with 20"s is finding a decent load and speed rated 245/30R20 tyre. Not many manufacturers make them and all of them are cheap. You can get a 35 profile easily but they're legally too big for the VT-VZ and you may struggle to fit them properly.

Thanks. Will look into wheel and tyre options for the 19". 245/35 R19 looks to be the go for tyres.

Wheel King has 2 DTS OZ racing wheels for about $500 each if anyone needs a couple.
    https://www.wheelking.com.au/wheel/H...-oz-track-pack

Can also get a VE W427 wheel for $1000
    https://www.wheelking.com.au/wheel/H...06/hsv-ve-w427

That's cheap, I remember they were over a grand a wheel when they were relatively easy to come by...black ones were also more expensive than the white or silver!

Would make a good pick up for someone wanting to run 18" semi slicks at the drags or even picking them up and trying to source another pair....the red centre caps are also very hard to come by

Thread Information