HSV Forum

Page 3 of 7 First << 12345 ... Last >>
    BKZGTS really sad to hear this mate and I know too late, but think I have a good system to make this damn hard to accomplish.
    I have a VE1 Clubby with a built engine, gearbox etc etc $$$$. Engine is worth more than the car.
    9 months ago I fitted a "FleetMinder" GPS System. What this does is 24 hour monitor the cars position. It has a home location plus any current location settings. once armed it will SMS you if any tampering as well as battery disconnect (has its own emergency power supply). I can SMS at any time to check where the vehicles is via Google Maps.
    It gets better. If the car has been driven away I can cut the electrics or the fuel pump via my mobile.
    Cost was $800 plus $29 per month for the units Telstra mobile number.
    I have since added an upgraded alarm system that interfaces into the OEM car electrics cost $400
    It is a great system, has been 100% reliable.
    Another advantage is if the car is serviced or work done it`s a laugh when you tell them that you will know if and where the car is driven and can immobilize it when ever you want.
    Maybe worth looking at with the replacement car?

Mate you mentioned missing out on stuff that was inside your car, I recall the very old car insurance policies covered that up to $500 and it should still be included, but has stayed at $500, so two pairs of sunnies! or one mobile phone.
    Its worth asking, its the same for a trailer, I lost two cars and a trailer in a flood, the trailer is only covered if its attached to the car! and I told a white lie about the stamp duty on my old dodge ute, and paid the price the hotel paid out on the stamp duty value. (Melbourne floods Jan 1990) many below ground carpark filled to the top. I did have a win though my 11 month old car purchased in Perth was $2k cheaper in Vic and the new model had a few more options standard.
    Stay black and go auto. Vote 1. and push a bit they may sound nice but may still try and pull a shifty.
    all the best with what really counts the family.

Another thing to avoid guys is posting up your HSV's (or anything of great value for that mattter) on social media. You won't have to worry about being tailgated home, they will be able to work out where you live.

Will be looking into the FleetMinder GPS.....looks very interesting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by Road_kill View Post
    BKZGTS really sad to hear this mate and I know too late, but think I have a good system to make this damn hard to accomplish.
    I have a VE1 Clubby with a built engine, gearbox etc etc $$$$. Engine is worth more than the car.
    9 months ago I fitted a "FleetMinder" GPS System. What this does is 24 hour monitor the cars position. It has a home location plus any current location settings. once armed it will SMS you if any tampering as well as battery disconnect (has its own emergency power supply). I can SMS at any time to check where the vehicles is via Google Maps.
    It gets better. If the car has been driven away I can cut the electrics or the fuel pump via my mobile.
    Cost was $800 plus $29 per month for the units Telstra mobile number.
    I have since added an upgraded alarm system that interfaces into the OEM car electrics cost $400
    It is a great system, has been 100% reliable.
    Another advantage is if the car is serviced or work done it`s a laugh when you tell them that you will know if and where the car is driven and can immobilize it when ever you want.
    Maybe worth looking at with the replacement car?

Road Kill interested in the FleetMinder system for mine, wondering where do they put the GPS antenna? Given it needs to "see" satellites I assume it has to be visible...just wondering how clean the installation is?

I have sent an inquiry off to them to see if the have someone in SA that supplies and installs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wouldn't be surprised if they just spliced the existing GPS aerial for the sat nav.

If not, then you could get them to run a second aerial up to the antenna pod on the back of the roof.

Under the dash I believe fleetz. It is not visible and seems to work everywhere. Even undercover. As good as reception as my mobile. It`s a New Zealand company, the unit is expandable for heavy fleet work so well made.

Hi Guys,

Received a call from the police yesterday afternoon. They found the car! Well they think it's the car... according to the police it doesn't look like a HSV let alone a GTS. All methods of any type of identification have been removed (VIN's, HSV plaques etc.) and all that is left is the shell, front and rear windscreens and seatbelts. They can't be 100% that's it my car but it's the only shell that fits the description of any recent car theft. Basically no other black VF commodore has been stolen in the area.

The police stated that it was meticulously pulled apart including all wiring harnesses' and all the little bits including brake lines.

Essentially anything that was a HSV part is gone. All the panels, engine, gearbox, drivetrain, wheels, suspension, brakes, seats, dashboard, GTS floor mats, GTS badges on the door frames etc.

The car was found in an industrial area of Guildford on a stolen car trailer.

One very interesting query from the police was 'Where was it last serviced?' Obviously they are thinking someone in the know from a dealership would have access to immobilisation codes, tools and knowledge including where the car was located (address).

I got the impression they have been following the same guys for some time. Even the car we noticed on the night (a dark grey/silver corolla) was reported stolen a few months ago.

The Constable seemed to understand cars extremely well and believes it was targeted by the thieves. He further mentioned that one of there assumptions is that they will install the parts in a VF Omega and essentially turn it into a GTS. that they would either sell interstate or drive themselves OR that it was going to be sold in parts overseas and is in a container on its way now.

Spoke with insurance and they advised that they will contact the police and take the car from the police once they have finished forensics and assess the damage. NRMA mentioned that it sounds like a total loss but she couldn't confirm it until an assessor was to see the car.

I highly doubt they would rebuild the car since they only repair damage? I may be wrong but I would think it is not viable to source all the parts an rebuild the car from scratch?

I just cant wait for this to be over with to be honest. I'm definitely over driving the Hyundai hire car.

Again thanks for all the support and for all contributions.

Cheers

That sucks dude! Nah insurance wont rebuild....the parts alone would cost them way more than the car would be insured for, plus time and effort. I hope someone finds the perpetrators and chains them to a fireant nest with no way to escape.

I feel you on the Hyundai front, missus has one and its a POS!
    2008 MY09 HSV VE SENATOR #0270. WALKINSHAW ENHANCED.
    WhipLash

Quote Originally Posted by BKZGTS View Post
    Hi Guys,

Received a call from the police yesterday afternoon. They found the car! Well they think it's the car... according to the police it doesn't look like a HSV let alone a GTS. All methods of any type of identification have been removed (VIN's, HSV plaques etc.) and all that is left is the shell, front and rear windscreens and seatbelts. They can't be 100% that's it my car but it's the only shell that fits the description of any recent car theft. Basically no other black VF commodore has been stolen in the area.

The police stated that it was meticulously pulled apart including all wiring harnesses' and all the little bits including brake lines.

Essentially anything that was a HSV part is gone. All the panels, engine, gearbox, drivetrain, wheels, suspension, brakes, seats, dashboard, GTS floor mats, GTS badges on the door frames etc.

The car was found in an industrial area of Guildford on a stolen car trailer.

One very interesting query from the police was 'Where was it last serviced?' Obviously they are thinking someone in the know from a dealership would have access to immobilisation codes, tools and knowledge including where the car was located (address).

I got the impression they have been following the same guys for some time. Even the car we noticed on the night (a dark grey/silver corolla) was reported stolen a few months ago.

The Constable seemed to understand cars extremely well and believes it was targeted by the thieves. He further mentioned that one of there assumptions is that they will install the parts in a VF Omega and essentially turn it into a GTS. that they would either sell interstate or drive themselves OR that it was going to be sold in parts overseas and is in a container on its way now.

Spoke with insurance and they advised that they will contact the police and take the car from the police once they have finished forensics and assess the damage. NRMA mentioned that it sounds like a total loss but she couldn't confirm it until an assessor was to see the car.

I highly doubt they would rebuild the car since they only repair damage? I may be wrong but I would think it is not viable to source all the parts an rebuild the car from scratch?

I just cant wait for this to be over with to be honest. I'm definitely over driving the Hyundai hire car.

Again thanks for all the support and for all contributions.

Cheers
    They didn't leave the floor mats? these guys need to be stopped ASAP!!!!

DNA data dots are sprayed under car and you could find marks. I take it the vin plate below windshield is gone?
    Stickers in door jams??

Under front carpet??

J

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current rides:
    VF HSV Clubby SV
    VX II XU6

Thread Information