HSV Forum

Page 6 of 7 First << ... 4567 Last >>
    Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    Get another GTS fit an aftermarket alarm that is loud as all hell and a GPS tracker.
    If it gets stollen the GPS will know where the car is and the police will catch them.

In the US the police often setup sting operations using performance cars to catch these people. In tern it also deters people as they think is this a sting car or a real one.
    Absolutely agree. A very good aftermarket alarm and a GPS Tracker that notifies you if the car moves from pre-set location (plus an inbuilt immobilizer) is the way to go. But I know where your missus is coming from. It will be a hard decision mate!

Stupid question, but does the GTS have a factory alarm, and if so what would be the difference between that and an aftermarket one?
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Quote Originally Posted by BKZGTS View Post
    Happy New Year to ALL!!!

Been a while since the last update. Police are yet to catch the scum bags but believe it to be part of a professional car theft syndicate targeting specific cars, and unfortunately the GTS is one of those cars.

NRMA Claims thought the theft was suspicious and went against what was available in the police report and engaged an internal investigation team, known as CEU. They were easy to deal with and generally very nice. Only complaint I have about the whole ordeal is the amount of time it takes to move forward and even so the vast amount of setbacks was unbelievable and extremely frustrating at times.

Now for the most complicated part - i'm not sure what to do. NRMA will provide either a like for like replacement (new GTS) OR a payout and I start again somewhere else.

I love the GTS - but I also don't want the same scum bags coming past and knicking my next one. Also this is my Mrs concerns and i'd hae to be in the exact same situation - especially since it has taken months to resolve and a lot of hardwork and to and fro.

If I take the payout I'm not sure what I will get but am moving towards a Euro SUV to support my growing family BUT we all know there is nothing like a GTS as a family car - or is there?

So confused with so many pro's and con's for either side.....
    Get one of the last R8 Tourers that ate rumored to have the GTS brakes and an increase in killerwasps?
    My Rides: 2013 VF SS Auto Sportswagon in Nitrate (OTR CAI, Headers, Brembo 4 pots all around, DBA T3 rotors, Paddleshift kit, Bilstein shocks on King springs);
    2014 Gen F HSV GTS Auto in Sting Red (stock for now)

Quote Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV View Post
    Stupid question, but does the GTS have a factory alarm, and if so what would be the difference between that and an aftermarket one?
    Yes it does. My wife "likes" to set it off by opening her door after they autolocked (now turned off). It's just the horn going bonkers.
    Assume aftermarket would use a different horn and maybe be louder?

Quote Originally Posted by BKZGTS View Post
    - or is there?
    A few choices in the SUV side if you want a bit of go and midsize - Maccan, or if you can stretch the $ and have the need for the room then one of these giants - http://www.drive.com.au/new-car-revi...07-gt5vy7.html

Good luck, shitty situation but at least the insurance company seem to be coming to the party

Grand Cherokee SRT8!! Bloody expensive though

Real name Brady

SV6000 #0024

Get another GTS fit an aftermarket alarm that is loud as all hell and a GPS tracker.
    If it gets stollen the GPS will know where the car is and the police will catch them.

In the US the police often setup sting operations using performance cars to catch these people. In tern it also deters people as they think is this a sting car or a real one.

A GPS tracker wont work against these professionals.

The constable dealing with my case mentioned that when the car was found it was on a stolen car trailer stolen from a servo 2 days prior to car being found. They had video footage of them stealing it from the servo. Faces were covered.

The police were hopeful of catching the thieves since the trailer company had installed GPS units on all the trailers.

After a couple of weeks I spoke to the police officer again and he said the GPS trail went dry - he mentioned that he believes they were using a GPS Jammer. Now that's not your average thief.

A read on Jammers from ACMA - http://www.acma.gov.au/theACMA/faqs-...g-devices-acma

Even the GPS alarms and tracker companies don't provide a guarantee that your vehicle can be tracked. After reading several articles it seems many cities also have GPS black spots that are well-known to professional car thieves and not much can be done about it if you are parked or in one of these regions. Furthermore someone who knows how to fit the engine kill buttons, 12+ sensors and the GPS will also know how to remove them or disable them in a matter of minutes. An pro installer turned criminal wouldn't be too far fetched in todays age.

End of the day is someone really wants it, they are going to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by oz230sl View Post
    A few choices in the SUV side if you want a bit of go and midsize - Maccan, or if you can stretch the $ and have the need for the room then one of these giants - http://www.drive.com.au/new-car-revi...07-gt5vy7.html

Good luck, shitty situation but at least the insurance company seem to be coming to the party
    OMG - SQ7 are bullets and both look and sound awesome. I checked one out at Audi Parramatta - A nice cool blue one. $175K + on road costs. What a family car. Seriously considering one of these.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...uk-roads-risks

GPS Jammers are more common than you think - that article is for the UK but would have some similarities to AUS.

Can be bought for as little as $15USD for a cigarette powered GPS Jammer.

You can have GSM and GPS signal so then they would have to be blocking mobile phone signals etc

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

You can have GSM and GPS signal so then they would have to be blocking mobile phone signals etc
    GPS Signal Jammers automatically Jam GMS and multi mobile frequencies. The major issue there is your phone will look like it's working but it's not.

I've spent hours researching any fail safe methods and really none will stop a thief that really wants it. Not even bollards in your garage! Sad really.

Either way thank you for all the suggestions and all the replies over this time. It really is great having a like minded forum to go too and discuss our ups and downs and most importantly future mods and wish lists!

Thread Information