HSV Forum

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last >>

Gen F GTS Stolen. SYDNEY.

Hey guys
    As I lay here im bed at 3.30am i still cant believe my car is gone.
    Wife noticed someone near the car at around 1130pm that then jumped into the passenger seat of a dark corrolla. I told her to stop being paranoid and didnt take much notice

So she wakes up at around 2.15am having a hypo (type 1 diabetic) and starts munching on some jellys. She then says hey your cars not outside. I think she's full of it at first until she keeps insisting i look. My baby is gone. ****ers. I just put new continentals on the rear 2 weeks ago too.

Got off the phone with the police assistance line who cant even provide an event number because their system is down. I called the insurance but opted to call back in the morning with a clear head to make the claim.

Now my keys havent been stolen and i didnt hear the car turn on which i would of if i had. Low life scum mutha ****as

How can these cars be stolen with no key? I thought it was impossible. Definitely no tow truck either. There is some glass on the rd which makes me think they broke a window but the alarm didnt sound and no glass breaking sound either. I'm a light sleeper and didnt hear a thing. It was a 2 hr window basically that the car fot stolen in.

Rego ****** from ******** NSW.
    Worst part is my wife is pregnant and due within 4-6weeks with so kuch to deal with and now this. Its our first too so we are already feeling overwhelmed.

Scary that.this can be stolen. Never been through this and dont even knowwhat to expect.

Hope the ****ers get caught.
    Last edited by BKZGTS; 07-12-2016 at 02:25 PM.

****ers! Hope they find it and the *******s who took it. I would have thought you'd hear something going on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

yeah, that blows man.
    Sorry to hear it mate. I live in Bonnyrigg, yell out if I can help in any way ( I mean it !! ).

Cant stand thieves, they annoy the piss out of me ( get a real job and earn it you c**ts ).

As for the theft, I thought the security system would be enough in preventing them from being started. But thieves are high tech and can boost anything with the right equipment and technology.

BKZ, put up some pics and we'll keep an eye out for it. I'll share with my mates as they are well connected and will keep an eye out for stolen parts. Put it up on Facebook ( dont underestimate the power of social media ).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3971...79081913005264

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1946...79034704654271

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3817...79120163832069

Keep an eye on Ebay, Facebook and Gumtree for similar parts hitting the market.

LS2 V3 Vortech Supercharged
    607rwhp

Sorry to hear your story mate, I wonder if these turds got some help by using a repo style jack system
    surely someone even at that hour would have seen something. Hope you get a fix fast. last story like yours on this
    forum had the insurance coy try to play hard ball then come back with a deal! only take 100 percent of what
    you are entitled to and no less. cheers

So sorry mate.

Try not to stress too much about the car - a new one is at the dealer.

Take care of your Mrs, thats the only thing that really matters if you look at the big picture....

GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION

I feel for you and I hope these low lives have their balls removed when they're caught.

Sounds a little like they knew what they're doing. So it's probably gone and maybe you wouldn't want it back anyway, I wouldn't want my girl back if some lowlife had their way with mine.

As said above, don't stress too much, there's a fresh one at the dealer waiting for you.
    MY12.5 Clubsport Manual in Alto Grey, MY11 SV6 auto in Voodoo, 1964 EH Manual wagon in Cream.

wow really sorry to hear this mate, hope you and your wife and soon to be born baby are doing well.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Thanks for the messages of support and understanding.

I guess its a hard for us all to imagine someone could come and takeaway one of our possessions when we are not ready to get rid of it. Heck, hard enough selling one of our cars/bikes without having withdrawal symptoms for days and sometimes weeks.

I pick up a hire car today so I can at least get around for the time being. Had a suit, glasses, work stuff and a heap of receipts in the car that I've also lost.

I spoke with a few people yesterday and one of which suggested that they may have used go-jacks to move the car out with no noise.

Also found out that one was stolen from a HSV dealer in Sydney. Police suspected it was an inside job and interrogated most staff - turns out it wasn't an inside job. Lead detective told them that these people who take the cars will have the car completely stripped out within 17 minutes from when it arrives.

After reading a fair bit across Gov agency statistics and various insurance websites it seems most cars are recovered in the same suburb within a week. BUT these cars are on average 11 years old and of low value. They found 30% of all stolen cars are 'for profit'.

It truly is a disgusting feeling to know someone has come along and deprived me of my hard earned.

Thank God we have our health and life is great in all other regards.

Karma will come back and get these low life scum - they have put me out a few thousand dollars at a time of setting up for a new family when every dollar counts. Only just 2 weeks ago I replaced the rear tyres with conti's and a week before that it had a service.

Since I will be making a claim ( and my partner has made one this year as well) my no claim bonus will now drop to 35% from 55%. Now that's harsh.

If the car is not found, NRMA have a like for like replacement policy for a car purchased brand new and upto 2 years old. Hopefully means I should be able to get a new car again. Downside is I will have to start again. Previously had In-Take, Mafless Tune, S/C Pulley, silence relay push button for the bi-modal exhaust etc. So there's a few thousand dollars there alone. Not sure how NRMA deal with this aspect. Car was insure for Market Value - but the like for like in the PDS ??

Car was immaculate with out a single swirl mark (car was black).

@HEDSUP I have a friend who offered to put the car up one facebook (I don't have facebook - never been a fan) but I have mixed emotions on this. I want to find the culprits but not the car especially if I consider what the mofo's would have done with the car. That poor clutch, diff, gearbox etc. I truly do not know. I have mixed emotions and it doesn't help that i'm wog - all we ever have is emotion and now its all haywire - LOL

Lol the dirtiest she ever got - not doing black again!

After some professional love

Gosh I miss her so much already
    Last edited by BKZGTS; 07-12-2016 at 02:25 PM.

@ BKZ, these things have a strange way of correcting themselves.

I agree - find the culprit but not the car.

Stay positive and focus on the family and the baby.
    Karma and the law will take care of the thieves.

LS2 V3 Vortech Supercharged
    607rwhp

I love black purely for the bottom three photos above, but not for the first.

Never thought about go jacks, but how would they cope with the gutter? I thought they were more about perfectly level surfaces.

Still they would have to wheel it down the street then load in on a flat bed or similar.

Any of your neighbours have security cameras at the front of their house that may have captured some images in your street?

I'm in SW Sydney and there's huge issues with break ins to cars on driveways, but not a lot of stolen ones recently. The latest was a ute used to store all the stolen merch from other peoples cars.

They got caught, and arrested but probably a slap on the wrist and dob them into their parents and back out there doing it the next day/night.

Good luck with your car, but remember, it's only a car. You and your wife and bub are all safe and well.
    MY12.5 Clubsport Manual in Alto Grey, MY11 SV6 auto in Voodoo, 1964 EH Manual wagon in Cream.

Thread Information