HSV Forum


Page 2 of 2 First << 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Liverpool Sydney
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by Nath View Post
    +1 to rwhp = fly wheel kw as best approximate.

    We all know the best number is from the wheels as every engine is different, just like every dyno

    607whp must be a blast to drive!

    Its making about 715ftlp at the wheels, thats fun!!
    Its a lot of power but it takes a lot to move these fat bitches.
    Its a bit like my mates Kenworth, 1400ftlb torque, but look at the power/weight ratio.

    HEDSUP is a great cruiser, heaps of grunt, lots of comfort, big on style - but its no race car.

    LS2 V3 Vortech Supercharged
    607rwhp

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Sth West Syd ��
    Posts
    1,327
    Do you take it out much? I live in the liverpool area and haven't seen your car yet. They are looking at reopening the EOM car meet at Harry's again. Might see you there one night

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Liverpool Sydney
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by FollowTheSapper View Post
    Do you take it out much? I live in the liverpool area and haven't seen your car yet. They are looking at reopening the EOM car meet at Harry's again. Might see you there one night
    Hi Sapper, not really into the show thing - I took my previous rides to Harrys and Cars Under The Stars but it gets a bit boring.
    I dont mind a cruise though!!
    We usually cruise Friday/Saturday/Sunday. Either to FiveDock to catch up with mates or cruise with the locals. One of our favs is: Up Elizabeth Drive, left onto Northern Road, pull into the Caltex Luddenham for drink, back onto Northern Road, left onto Camden Valley Way and back home to Bonnyrigg.

    Other than that, you will always find me at Roll Racing. We have a pit lane garage for the 9/12 meeting - come in and say hello.
    Silver VE GTS - HEDSUP (rego).

    LS2 V3 Vortech Supercharged
    607rwhp

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Sth West Syd ��
    Posts
    1,327
    Yeah I agree the shows do get a bit boring, normally a last minute decision to go for me on a quite night. That run up Elizabeth drive sounds ok, let me know next time you are going and if I am free I will come.
    I have a work Xmas party on the 9/12 so won't be able to make it. I am interested in the roll racing though

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Liverpool Sydney
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by FollowTheSapper View Post
    Yeah I agree the shows do get a bit boring, normally a last minute decision to go for me on a quite night. That run up Elizabeth drive sounds ok, let me know next time you are going and if I am free I will come.
    I have a work Xmas party on the 9/12 so won't be able to make it. I am interested in the roll racing though
    Cool, I'll PM you for the next one ( but they are unplanned and spur of the moment )

    LS2 V3 Vortech Supercharged
    607rwhp

  6. #16
    pir4te Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HEDSUP View Post
    Does anyone have a simple formula for the VE/VF GTS when caluclating FRKW from a RWKW?

    Whats is your opinion or has anyone had their engine on the dyno stand and then put their car on the rollers?
    What was the result

    Fire away lads..
    Yes, 441 on Superflo engine dyno run by Craig Hasted at Cragsted Race Performance, 344 Dyno Dynamics chassis with Matt Spry at PITS.
    That's 28% less but...
    Entirely different ECU (Motec) and tuning options, different fuel pump, different intake and controlled supply pre-tb, different exhaust.
    There's likely 1-5% shop advantage with higher monitored RPM, plus precise valve, spark and injector timing and top fuel supply.
    Also measuring MYC input shaft speed vs output shaft speed there is ~3% slip on Series II even with convertor locked.
    Another good measurement is not the loss taken by transmission measured in torque @ or x RPM but energy from fuel combustion to driveshaft (BSFC), and ultimately thermal efficiency. Objectively it is easy to make more power but for me the tuning challenge is to become more efficient.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Liverpool Sydney
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by pir4te View Post
    Yes, 441 on Superflo engine dyno run by Craig Hasted at Cragsted Race Performance, 344 Dyno Dynamics chassis with Matt Spry at PITS.
    That's 28% less but...
    Entirely different ECU (Motec) and tuning options, different fuel pump, different intake and controlled supply pre-tb, different exhaust.
    There's likely 1-5% shop advantage with higher monitored RPM, plus precise valve, spark and injector timing and top fuel supply.
    Also measuring MYC input shaft speed vs output shaft speed there is ~3% slip on Series II even with convertor locked.
    Another good measurement is not the loss taken by transmission measured in torque @ or x RPM but energy from fuel combustion to driveshaft (BSFC), and ultimately thermal efficiency. Objectively it is easy to make more power but for me the tuning challenge is to become more efficient.
    Thanks pi4ate, a bit too technical for me but Im assuming 23-28% powerloss.
    Cheers

    LS2 V3 Vortech Supercharged
    607rwhp







Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •