HSV Forum

GenF2 R8 Demonstrator

Hi guys,

I've been looking at getting back into a HSV of late and have been considering the GenF2 R8.

My local dealer has a manual demonstrator R8 with all the bells and whistles but has ~500km on the clock. Drive away price is $80k.

It includes:
    • EDI
    • Hyperflow spoiler
    • Rapier wheel
    • Black roof
    • Tint

I'm not certain how this rates with prices that other have haggled but I didn't think it was too bad considering the options. I have a VEII SSV that will be traded so may be able to save a few more $$.

I've seen new R8's for sale on CarSales with similar (sometimes a few k less) prices but none of the options I'm after.

My big concern is the 500km it has already driven. I'm guessing it would have had a tough life during the so called break-in period.

Just after opinions on whether it being a demonstrator would be a deal-breaker for you or not and whether the price is reasonable?

I'm located in Sydney.

Cheers
    Komp

If it's McGrath Holden liverpool I wouldn't go any where near any of their demonstrators.

Quote Originally Posted by FollowTheSapper View Post
    If it's McGrath Holden liverpool I wouldn't go any where near any of their demonstrators.
    ... nor Suttons
    Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

lol I forgot EDI was an option on series 2.

Let's face it, the test drives would have put their fit down a bit but certainly nothing what would be classed as abuse. Either way you have warranty
    Current Ride: GenF GTS #2580 Heron White Manual 2015
    Previous Ride: E3 Senator SV #123 Sizzle Manual 2011
    Previous Ride: VYII R8 #354 Ultra Violet Manual 2004

Quote Originally Posted by LSExpress View Post
    lol I forgot EDI was an option on series 2.

Let's face it, the test drives would have put their fit down a bit but certainly nothing what would be classed as abuse. Either way you have warranty
    yeah true, but a lot of the senior salespeople get to take them home - who knows what happens there - and thats what i think smitty and sapper are eluding to.

LS2 V3 Vortech Supercharged
    607rwhp

I wouldn't be too concerned buying a 500km demo.. these cars are built tough and plus they have warranty! Few years ago I bought a ssv demo, and never had any dramas with it.

Regarding the price, that's a fair price considering its got approx. $4-5k of options

Thanks for the comments guys.

Stopped by on the weekend to take another look. Upon closer inspection noticed 3 of the wheels were scuffed up and the front splitter was cracked on both sides.

Only cosmetic marks I realise but think I may keep looking.

See if they will repair at no cost.

But it does show how it has been treated in its short life.

Thread Information