HSV Forum

melborne to Surfers

Started driving to Surfers from Melbourne last week and got to Shepparton to go up the Newel, was closed. So quick phone call to the Grey nomad parents and was told straight up the coast.
    Awesome run until bout 450kms out then hit roadworks, 60-80ks for 250km. Was mid morning when i hit it . Still was an 18hr run.
    Had a brain wave for the return trip and hit the road works at bout 1 am. Was a little tired and forgot to turn the cruise off thru the road works, was set at 97kmh. Once thru that damn cruise got stuck on 140kmh all the way back to Seymour. Only prob was the fuzz kept hiding behind trees and pulling me over hahaha.
    Anyway 3 fines i know of so far, did the run in 15 hrs 9 mins.
    Once those roadworks are complete , the newels a goat track to me

3 fines...??
    = 9 points

hope you had the full quota to start with!
    Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

does demerits occur on vic license for a nsw fine?
    If so im walking lol.. got all demerit points back 3 months ago nd already lost 11 points hehehe

Doing the run for Christmas from Sydney. Hope I don't hit those road works or that pot hole I hit last year.
    Guess do the crime pay the fine. Speed limit is s little ridiculous on some of the new roads though.

I think those road works will be ongoing for a few more yrs. the signs say how much it costs for each section , 320mill, 830mill,560mill and on it goes
    Sapper, I'd definitely try time the run thru tht section when minimal cars are about. There weren't a lot on way up but enough to get you Saying" this is effin ridiculous" every couple minutes.

My biggest gripe was cruising at 140 and dudes doing 100 would pull out rite in front of u , instead of waiting and costing themselves 10 seconds, they'd rather make u wait 1-2mins.
    Those roads are awesome, if I could chose the speed , id sit on 170 all the way, my cars turning ova at 2000rpm at that. The slower cars would soon realise how to drive correctly pretty quick

Not one of the cops gave me the safety talk as well . I could see they all thought it wasn't rite fining someone when the speed was perfectly safe
    Last edited by mickyinc; 08-11-2016 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickyinc View Post
    Started driving to Surfers from Melbourne last week Still was an 18hr run. Anyway 3 fines i know of so far, did the run in 15 hrs 9 mins.
    Melbourne to Surfers, the new aussie version of the Bullrun rally.........Who's keen? Make it an annual event? So far Micky has the benchmark......
    2008 MY09 HSV VE SENATOR #0270. WALKINSHAW ENHANCED.
    WhipLash

3 fines, that you know of, damn Micky !!!!

Racing... Because football, rugby, basketball & golf only require one ball

Quote Originally Posted by mickyinc View Post
    does demerits occur on vic license for a nsw fine?
    hope you like walking.... as the answer is yes
    Smitty

Quote Originally Posted by WhipLash View Post
    Melbourne to Surfers, the new aussie version of the Bullrun rally.........Who's keen? Make it an annual event? So far Micky has the benchmark......
    dunno if this counts, but in 1980 I (and another Holden employee) went FB Melbourne
    to Acacia Ridge in Brisbane in a bit over 16 hours (can't remember exact times) ..
    done overnight in my 5 litre VC company wagon

... dodging 'roos and towing a trailer
    Smitty

Thread Information