HSV Forum

Diagnostic fault codes

Does anyone have a link to a site that can analyse a VE GTS fault code?
    I dont have a specific code as such, but overheard something the other day and thought it would be handy to look up the code yourself if you dont have an OBD2 machine.

I tried our search function but didnt get a hit.
    Much appreciated

LS2 V3 Vortech Supercharged
    607rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by HEDSUP View Post
    Does anyone have a link to a site that can analyse a VE GTS fault code?
    I dont have a specific code as such, but overheard something the other day and thought it would be handy to look up the code yourself if you dont have an OBD2 machine.

I tried our search function but didnt get a hit.
    Much appreciated
    Normally just use google for code meaning, I also have efi live which tells me.
    Also have elm 327 mini Bluetooth obd2 unit ($9 Ebay) and torque pro app on phone which can be used to read codes reset them and also monitor all sorts of data!!!!
    Bit of a no brainer for less than $25

Quote Originally Posted by NickGts View Post
    Normally just use google for code meaning, I also have efi live which tells me.
    Also have elm 327 mini Bluetooth obd2 unit ($9 Ebay) and torque pro app on phone which can be used to read codes reset them and also monitor all sorts of data!!!!
    Bit of a no brainer for less than $25
    Agree, easier to Google search.
    I like the sound of the elm 327 mini Bluetooth obd2
    Thanks mate

607rwhp

That's pretty much how it works. I don't think you can get the code without a scanner (older cars you used to be able to). Just get a cheap Bluetooth one off eBay

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    That's pretty much how it works. I don't think you can get the code without a scanner (older cars you used to be able to). Just get a cheap Bluetooth one off eBay
    Thanks

607rwhp

Careful of the bluetooth versions. I am led to believe that because the data rate on the bluetooth versions is so slow, they time out while transferring data

Quote Originally Posted by r2160 View Post
    Careful of the bluetooth versions. I am led to believe that because the data rate on the bluetooth versions is so slow, they time out while transferring data
    Iv heard this and with the dramas i had with my car yesterday the guy at autobarn today told me the tools that require you to download a app only with on common cars unless you pay for a app and download it

Torque has a paid version but the free one will work at retrieving/clearing fault codes no dramas. No issues with Bluetooth and OBDII that I've ever heard of....used mine on plenty of cars, VT-VZ, VE as well as Astras, Amaroks, all sorts

Thread Information