HSV Forum

Page 2 of 3 First << 123 Last >>
    Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    I think Active Automotive's dyno and track results even reflect the "perfect" sizing of the LSA 1900 blower.

They made 736.7rwhp with the LSA (Green Line)
    And 832rwhp with the 2.9L whipple (Red Line)

Now the rotors on the whipple are bigger in size but brings back into question more rotational mass.

The LSA blower on this dyno is showing roughly 600rwhp at 4000rpm and the whipple only 390rwhp thats a massive 210rwhp win to the LSA blower.

Not only that it's not until 5500rpm that the whipple actually starts to make more HP and TQ than the LSA blower.

With the correct tire combo, more tuning on the LSA blower it could easily beat the whipple at the track and it nearly did, the whipple went 9.8 on a different day and the LSA went 9.9...hell maybe if they had the exact same track conditions they would have both run 9.8sec.

Now put yourself in the shoes of owning a GTS already fitted with an LSA blower and you spend what 15k and thats the only result you get from it?....hardly worth it.

The LSA blower is perfectly suited to this sized engine, it's not a dyno queen blower but it is a bloody fast one at the track.
    I'm after big power, not interested in what it can do changing tyres and whatever else to race it so the Whipple looks like a good choice to me. Were both superchargers making the same boost? The torque curves don't look very flat for supercharged motors from what I have seen.
    I might have to talk to Harrop about their 2650 but a 2.9 Whipple looks good

Letís put it another way related to this exact dyno and 1/4 mile times.

1. LSA ran 9.9
    2. 2.9L whipple ran 9.8

These 2 runs were months apart on different days but on the same car.
    The mph was very similar.

If it were the same day (weather conditions) the LSA may have also ran a 9.8

If you currently own a GTS and throw 15k into a 2.9L whipple and go from running a 9.9 to a 9.8 you may as well buy a leaf mulcher and feed 15k into it for garden mulch.

The smaller 1900 LSA is embarrassing the larger 2.9L blower with average HP, low down HP and 1/4 mile time.
    Last edited by GenF-GTS; 03-01-2018 at 12:32 AM.

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS with a Stock Bottom End
    9.700 @143.14mph 17/July/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

But are they the same boost? The Whipple may not be working very hard but the LSA may be maxed out. I want as much HP as I can get. Maybe 1000 at the wheels if the engine can handle it. Then again, I may need a stroker bottom end

Quote Originally Posted by 1QIKLSA View Post
    But are they the same boost? The Whipple may not be working very hard but the LSA may be maxed out. I want as much HP as I can get. Maybe 1000 at the wheels if the engine can handle it. Then again, I may need a stroker bottom end
    Maybe forget the charger altogether, and run twin turbo's...

I did think about that. I think it was Russo that built a twin turbo GTS. It made impressive power. I'm not sure if they forged the bottom end or not

Single Turbo 408ci making almost 1000rwhp from C&A Auto Fashion as a daily driver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg2qn6p3T4Y

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Clubby View Post
    Single Turbo 408ci making almost 1000rwhp from C&A Auto Fashion as a daily driver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg2qn6p3T4Y
    I was behind this last Friday at Calder park waiting for the scrutineering - I had massaging seats each time they turned it on to move it 10 feet lol

Was: E3 S/C Maloo
    Now: Audi RS3 (11.00 & 136MPH)

How did it go?

Quote Originally Posted by 1QIKLSA View Post
    How did it go?
    Not sure, the night was a mess.. 300 cars, 26 degree's at 8pm and someone blew a radiator hose so they had to close the track for an hour to mop up.. I left after 3 passes.

Was: E3 S/C Maloo
    Now: Audi RS3 (11.00 & 136MPH)

My old tuners good engine was getting a rebuild and he still wanted to go to the drags so he stuck his dirty big turbo on a stock Ls1, dropped it into his VN and was pulling 8s.. Superchargers are so un-economical compared to a turbo

Thread Information