HSV Forum

Interchiller 1/4 mile log

log from a 1/4 mile run starting IAT2 is 15c and when crossing the line IAT2 is 42c at 139mph
    Chiller only no heat exchanger.

Last edited by GenF-GTS; 28-10-2016 at 12:43 AM.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

ive got an interchiller kit on order (interchiller, spacer plates and reservoir) !!!! cant wait to install it.
    vf ls3 with fdfi. I'm pretty sure my iat2 would be higher than 50 degrees before I start the 1/4
    bring on winter temps 365 days per year !!!!!!!!!!!!

what's the timing look like in the same log ?

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    what's the timing look like in the same log ?
    Not many people are willing to share their timing with others, kinda gives away exactly how much you are running, especially when the car is so fast.

I know it's a question you would love to know the answer to but it's quite understandable if you have a fast car to not share that kind of information.

What I can tell you is plenty of timing is being run, plenty of timing is being gained from the chiller taking off the line and plenty of timing is being kept and hardly any if any is being removed.

Think of the chiller like this, you do a burnout in your non interchiller car, thats it now that blower is cooking throw some bacon and eggs on that sucker....there is zero air flow between the burnout and staging so you're done.

If you are racing a chiller car he is deliberately going to take 30-60sec to stage to remove the heat soak out of the IAT sensor, (the sensor heat soaks) he is then going to get down around 10c temps and by doing so sand bag you and you will be even hotter by now, he leaves the line and then crosses the line with a lot of ignition timing being gained, you lost all of yours after your burnout and then when he sandbagged you.

Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    Not many people are willing to share their timing with others, kinda gives away exactly how much you are running, especially when the car is so fast.
    How precious are people when they are running times with no money on the table ?? and they wont divulge the timing ?? Its not like they are racing for sheep stations.I would of thought that you GenFGTS would put something on the table so we can compare from stock to full interchiller as like you say timing is everything.It would back up your interchiller at least ?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfnturf View Post
    How precious are people when they are running times with no money on the table ?? and they wont divulge the timing ?? Its not like they are racing for sheep stations.I would of thought that you GenFGTS would put something on the table so we can compare from stock to full interchiller as like you say timing is everything.It would back up your interchiller at least ?
    It's not my log so it's not my ignition timing to show people the person didn't want their timing being shown I have to respect that.

Personally I wouldn't want people seeing my timing either, it's starting to show your competitors everything about the characteristics of your tune. Since my car and others are quite competitive.

Your tune is your tuners intellectual property hence why they often lock the tune, the log is almost as good as looking at a tune sometimes it's ever better as it shows you exactly what the car is doing.

If you'd like to speak with several workshops that have installed and tuned chillers I can direct you to which ones to call and they can tell you how much timing they are gaining.

Here is a review from a very well known US Tuner telling you he gained timing.

And there is also this:

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    Spoke to Brett today he is wrapped with the system and look at that consistency that the interchiller provides.

@ 8:55pm he runs 10.179
    then
    @ 9:20pm he runs 10.177

It takes roughly 5min to drive back following the return road speed limits, collect your ticker and line back up so in roughly 15-20min he has done a 2nd back to back pass any other car would be losing HP due to heat soak.
    Keep in mind as said above, non interchiller car does his burnout...it's now game over for him he's cooking now.
    No PD blown car can have this kind of consistency without a chiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfnturf View Post
    anywhere between 19 & 24 deg

Quote Originally Posted by LSTNR View Post
    anywhere between 19 & 24 deg
    Thank you, anyone not knowing LSTNR has tuned a couple of interchiller cars now.
    1 Holds a couple of records.

Hehehe touche
    # 065 Senator signature E2

I've spent a fortune on booze, birds and fast cars the rest i've just squandered.

Thread Information