HSV Forum

Supercars,..Ute Series,...Twin Cabs from Mid '17.

I see current utes will be replaced by diesel twin cabs from mid '17,..it will be interesting to see what mods they are allowed.
    Pickles.

... yawnnnnnnn
    Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

I hope their allowed bullbars and XXXX stickers....
    Previous 2011 MY 12 VE R8 Maloo -Perfect Blue
    Current 2013 VF GTS W507 - Herron White

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    ... yawnnnnnnn
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION

Yep, I hear where you uys are coming from,....but you may be wrong.
    Remember HQs?....thy were dreadfully slow, yet when they were all racing together, at the same speed, ya didn't notice the slow speed at all, and the racing was always good, and close.
    And recently, I'm not sure at which circuit it was at, but there was a race series for small diesel ppowered Utes, "Great Wall" type of stuff, I nearly didn't watch it, but I'm glad I did,....very close, & bloody entertaining.
    Anyway, it's early days yet, don''t know what the regs are, but with the Colorado & Ranger being the most popular vehicls for Holden & Ford, it makes sense.
    Pickles.

Anybody else fall asleep watching V8 Supercars these days?? I'm glad most of it is around mid afternoon as it leads into my nanna nap just nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by VIP-427 View Post
    Anybody else fall asleep watching V8 Supercars these days?? I'm glad most of it is around mid afternoon as it leads into my nanna nap just nicely.
    Hello my friend,....now listen, I know you very well, and the last thing you would be doing is having a "nanna" nap, ...unless your tastes have chamnged?!
    Regards, Martin.

Just what we need, there's already too many tradies in dual cabs driving around like they're Whincup at Bathurst.

They could at least make it a bit more interesting, add some gravel sections and creek crossings. Maybe a few nanas in Volvos randomly pulling out onto the track.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    Yep, I hear where you uys are coming from,....but you may be wrong.
    Remember HQs?....thy were dreadfully slow, yet when they were all racing together, at the same speed, ya didn't notice the slow speed at all, and the racing was always good, and close.
    And recently, I'm not sure at which circuit it was at, but there was a race series for small diesel ppowered Utes, "Great Wall" type of stuff, I nearly didn't watch it, but I'm glad I did,....very close, & bloody entertaining.
    Anyway, it's early days yet, don''t know what the regs are, but with the Colorado & Ranger being the most popular vehicls for Holden & Ford, it makes sense.
    Pickles.
    It might have been the little "Sanyong" Utes that I was referring to!
    I'm watching the supports practise from N.Z. at the moment, & they are on,....looks ok to me,...I shall watch their actual races with interest.
    Pickles.

Quote Originally Posted by back in black View Post
    Just what we need, there's already too many tradies in dual cabs driving around like they're Whincup at Bathurst..
    Ive come across So many Wankers in Rangers lately... They seems to be the worst, sit up your ass a CM away then try blast away like they want to be in a HSV!

Back to one HSV in the shed... But its a Gen F GTS so I arent complaining!!

Thread Information