HSV Forum

Question WH Rear Suspension replacement advice

Want to replace rear shocks but not sure what to do. Looking for a touring ride. Couple of teenagers in back from time to time but no towing. The self leveling compressor is about to give up the ghost (discovered the hard way after replacing the petrol pump

I'd like to keep original but not overly fussed. I believe HSV swapped out the rear shocks for some Monroes especially made for the Grange.

So I have 2 options.

Keep Self leveling:
    Can I get my hands of new monroes or aftermarket to return car to original ride?
    Will the Statesman SL shocks (are available) give me a good touring ride, close to original?

or

Ditch the Self leveling:
    Can you give a recommendation for a good set of rear touring shocks?
    Will I need to replace springs as well?

Cheers
    Rob

I had one fail on the WK. Worked out far cheaper to replace OEM than Pedders concoction. The self-levelling is integral with the shock in the WK, no extra compressor - that is the advice I was given and that is why it is a specific shock that fits.

Thread dig.

Don't know if you've sorted this yet, but my 2c.

Owner of a WH Grange also, keep the self levelling ride, but put in some firmer springs in the rear, that and a 4 point camber kit, will give a better ride without being stiff, and will help stop the insides of the wheels chopping out.

Al.

Thread Information