HSV Forum

Looking for people with the 5th Anniversary cars

Does anyone know someone with a 5th Anniversary VP, preferably in SEQ

I have a Maloo and i'd like to one day meet up with others and maybe do a photoshoot.

hi DOHC,

I just brought a VQ Statesman 5000i 5th Anniversary #9
    Still looking for a 5th anniversary 5000i if anyone spots one for sale or any other good VP that might be good for my collection...maybe another GTS would be good....haha mobile : 0428239431 if someone could drop me a text if a super special deal pops up that would be great.

VQ Statesman 5000i 5th Anniversary #9 - GALAXYBLUE
    VP Senator 5000i #086 - Alaskan White
    VP Senator 5000i #109 - Quartz
    VP GTS #123 - Alaskan White
    VT Senator 220i #314 - Herron White

I would love to find a VP senator 5000i 5th Anniversary to add to my collection, but needs to be the right price. lol
    Still looking for a 5th anniversary 5000i if anyone spots one for sale or any other good VP that might be good for my collection...maybe another GTS would be good....haha mobile : 0428239431 if someone could drop me a text if a super special deal pops up that would be great.

A Stato? Geez they're rare, my brother in law wants one of those really bad. Can I ask how you came across it and the cost?

Pics?
    VP Maloo 5th Anniversary no 131
    355 with baby cam

Think this one was from Melbourne. Back in the late nineties was looking at buying build No 7.
    They are a nice machine.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current rides:
    VF HSV Clubby SV
    VX II XU6

I got it off a friend for a great price, needs some work. All the trim is original and in great condition. The car its self is very original. To be honest i do want to post photos of it until its restored. The car is to rare to post poor photos. in due course i will start a thread and post some great pic's of her for all to see.

A couple of questions for the 5th anniversay fans. Looking at a rebuild for my vq statesman. Found a place in Sydney which has quoted about $5500. can anyone recommend a good trustworthy engine rebuild shop. Drive in and out?

Haven't forgotten. Will email you photos once I take some. No series 2 badges on front guards either, they are 5000i badges. Also leather seats. Think I read somewhere you mentioned yours weren't leather?? My heater is turning on randomly like it's possessed. It turns on even if climate control is off and stays on. Or if I have the climate control on, it stops working. Push the buttons and it does nothing. It then randomly starts working again. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewv View Post
    A couple of questions for the 5th anniversay fans. Looking at a rebuild for my vq statesman. Found a place in Sydney which has quoted about $5500. can anyone recommend a good trustworthy engine rebuild shop. Drive in and out?
    Not sure who to use in Sydney, but $5500 sounds reasonable for a full rebuild including R&R. Maybe put a SV5000/5000i cam in it to give it a smidge more oomph while you're at it?
    VP Maloo 5th Anniversary no 131
    355 with baby cam

Thanks for that. Yeah I thought $5500 sounded ok. It's the 5000i that I have so will definitely get a little work done. Just trying to keep it fairly stock. Flat top pistons should give it a bit more. Thought about stroking.

Thread Information