HSV Forum

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last >>

Lsa supercharger onto a ls3 r8

Hi I have a 2014 R8 , and am just about ready to put a LSA supercharger onto it in the next week or two pending parts turning up today or tomorrow , I am using a intercooler from a GTS and my question is I was just looking behind the front bumper bar and can see the transmission cooler in front of the air conditioner core , will I have to buy the GTS transmission cooler or is there something I can do to make room for the GTS INTERCOOLER ???? ,I am hoping someone who has done the conversion to chime in

Cheers Chris

You buy the full kit of the LSA blower? It will all fit I have done the same to my 2014 R8. Is awesome and you made the right decision. Little tip, get your blower snout ported before installing as will help increase flow, and save you pulling it off later then putting it back on. I have 715 rwhp with mine and a lot of other modifications. The LSA blower looks stock and has more than enough power for what you need.

you want need a GTS transmission cooler. I do a lot of track days and I don't have one. Make sure you have top of the line transmission and diff oil. You want have any problems.

Thanks for the replies ,wherewould I get the blower snout ported ????
    I brought the complete supercharger from a crate engine I just had to chase down a intercooler
    Kit which I ended up going genuine so all of those parts I got today

I have been advised not port blower ... I asked same question. It makes a bit more power but apparently loses pressure.

Thoughts .?

Any performance shop or engine builder should be able to help you. Put a bigger throttle body on when porting blower, and you will have a considerably better throttle response. More air equals more fuel equals more power. Not sure what they mean by losing pressure. My car feels and goes very hard without any issues at all.

Does anyone have pics of how the stock GTS intercooler is mounted I have my car apart and there is nowhere the heat exchange bolts to , is there some brackets that mount to the air conditioner core so the intercooler mounts in front of it and also is the LSA GTS windscreen washer bottle different to the LS3 clubby because once the intercooler goes in there will be no room for the washer bottle

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfox666 View Post
    Does anyone have pics of how the stock GTS intercooler is mounted I have my car apart and there is nowhere the heat exchange bolts to , is there some brackets that mount to the air conditioner core so the intercooler mounts in front of it and also is the LSA GTS windscreen washer bottle different to the LS3 clubby because once the intercooler goes in there will be no room for the washer bottle
    Should of read post earlier had my front bar off in garage today!!!
    The washer bottle on GTS is in front of passenger wheel behind bar. Intercooler pump fits on passenger side front horizontal strut (dunno correct name)

Thanks for the injectors Nick.... awesome deal now to
    Get this thing together and finished tomorrow and tuned next week

Man what a mission it's all together and done there was
    Heaps of work involved in the conversion , will be getting tuned this week and
    Will have 22% overdrive balancer and injectors and hurricane
    3 inch exhaust and 1& 3/4 headers with 3.7 diff gears
    Should go pretty good

Thread Information