HSV Forum

Page 2 of 2 First << 12

Thread: Vn sv5000 ?

Quote Originally Posted by HSVGTS125 View Post
    Yes there wasnt many but those colours became an option. Only one person chose white
    Wasn't the white one manual? Or was there another one? Was the manual fitted by HSV or a dealer?
    When enough just isn't enough!

Quote Originally Posted by HSVGTS125 View Post
    Yes there wasnt many but those colours became an option. Only one person chose white
    Sultan of Brunei wasn't it?

The white manual was a development mule. It was a manual commodore executive that HSV built as an SV5000 for durability testing. It didnt have the luxury or weight of the production SV5000 and apparently it was a weapon.
    the white production car was a full luxury vehicle with auto. Yes it is part of the Sultan of Brunei's collection. And no, he didnt have a black VN Group A (in case anyone asks). That was the crown prince of johor
    Last edited by HSVGTS125; 12-09-2016 at 08:08 PM.

Thanks for that
    When enough just isn't enough!

Ad for SV5000 has been updated, now has some photos and $1000 price increase.
    https://www.carsales.com.au/private/...SSE-AD-4260539

I think it has been a good decade since that head unit was worth $2000

This is a pretty good car for the price.... if you wanted a project and were going to modify/spend money, this car would be a great pick up to get into an early girl.... the interior still looks quality and if I had my time again, I would look at a HSV vn/vp etc etc as the parts are easier to get & you're not getting torn a new a55hole by ebay thieves..... I would never do another VL project again unless the car was absoloute concourse to start with.

New paint, no tint, big red harrops, Gold 20inch walky wheels & this VN would start to look fat!!

Thread Information