HSV Forum

Page 1 of 11 123 ... Last >>

... NO more HRT by Walkinshaw

wow... blew me away, HRT is T8!

http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/08/16/...w-holden-deal/
    Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

The rumour has been around for months, so not a total surprise,.....but it will shock many. When I first heard "the rumour", I couldn't, didn't want to, believe it,.....but as they say "That's Racing"!
    What is good news is that I note in the Press Release that 888 are to build & develope the next generation Holden Supercar for Holden, so at least they are going to continue in the sport.
    Pickles.

Please no v6 turbo it's gotta be a v8

OK, we all know that HRT haven't been the best team over the past few years but really Holden, this is really what you do after nearly 30yrs?

FFS, yet again another example of Holden's genius's at work! Then again you haven't listened to your customers over the past few years so why listen to them now with this?
    2017 GEN-F2 HSV GTSR Heron White 6M 844
    2017 VF II SSV Redline Heron White 6M
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Nitrate Silver 6M 098 (Gone)
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Heron White 6A 617 (Gone)
    2013 VF SSV Redline Nitrate Silver 6M (Gone)
    2002 VX SS II Quicksilver 6M
    Dream Car:- HSV VL SS GRP A

Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell!

Quote Originally Posted by RCBVFGTS View Post
    OK, we all know that HRT haven't been the best team over the past few years but really Holden, this is really what you do after nearly 30yrs?

FFS, yet again another example of Holden's genius's at work! Then again you haven't listened to your customers over the past few years so why listen to them now with this?
    Lol, you obviously weren't around 30 yrs ago when Brock's "Holden Dealer Team" suffered the same fate, people went beserk, it was front page news across Australia. The reaction to this is nothing, compared to what happened in 1987!! And it was the Walkinshaw Group that were the "Bad Guys" in those days, as they were "seen to" have tipped Brock out.
    However, yes, it would be devastating for Walkinshaw Racing which runs the team, but they would've been expecting it, the rumour's been around for several months, because of the lack of results,..even the drivers haven't been happy. So, not unexpected.
    Holden itself have made a good decision,...they've contracted the top team to run "their" team, which will now be known as the "Red Bull Holden Racing Team", and they've got two of the best, if not the best, drivers in Jamie & "The Giz". This team will now be responsible to build the Holden version of the 2018 Gen 2 Supercar, which will be powered by a V6 Twin Turbo, which will have to be made reliable at 650HP? (developing that engine will be a challenge in itself). I would suggest that the Opel Insignia will be the basis for this car. Holden have at least committed to the Series, which no other manufacturer has committed to as yet.
    This is a big "Upset", but as they say, "That's Racing"! Pickles.
    Last edited by Pickles; 17-08-2016 at 09:26 AM.

It will be interesting to see who follows now that Holden have officially committed. I wont be shedding a tear that they have left Walkinshaw. Also be interesting to see when JC and Tander jump the sinking ship as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    Lol, you obviously weren't around 30 yrs ago when Brock's "Holden Dealer Team" suffered the same fate, people went beserk, it was front page news across Australia. The reaction to this is nothing, compared to what happened in 1987!! And it was the Walkinshaw Group that were the "Bad Guys" in those days, as they were "seen to" have tipped Brock out.
    However, yes, it would be devastating for Walkinshaw Racing which runs the team, but they would've been expecting it, the rumour's been around for several months, because of the lack of results,..even the drivers haven't been happy. So, not unexpected.
    Holden itself have made a good decision,...they've contracted the top team to run "their" team, which will now be known as the "Red Bull Holden Racing Team", and they've got two of the best, if not the best, drivers in Jamie & "The Giz". This team will now be responsible to build the Holden version of the 2018 Gen 2 Supercar, which will be powered by a V6 Twin Turbo, which will have to be made reliable at 650HP? (developing that engine will be a challenge in itself). I would suggest that the Opel Insignia will be the basis for this car. Holden have at least committed to the Series, which no other manufacturer has committed to as yet.
    This is a big "Upset", but as they say, "That's Racing"! Pickles.

Respectfully Pickles, I've been around longer than you think. HDT days were different, very different! That shit fight was all over a Polarizer and Holden's refusal to support Peter over it as Holden couldn't see any technical value to it, shit fight then got bigger and relationships went sour and it ended. That's it, end of story!

This swap has been made purely because HRT haven't been at the pointy end of the field and Holden have jumped ship. I'm not pissed off with RBRA, but IMO it's a pissweak act by Holden.

Holden give us a shit range of vehicles and expect us, the customers and supporters to support them, yet when going gets tough for Holden they jump ship
    2017 GEN-F2 HSV GTSR Heron White 6M 844
    2017 VF II SSV Redline Heron White 6M
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Nitrate Silver 6M 098 (Gone)
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Heron White 6A 617 (Gone)
    2013 VF SSV Redline Nitrate Silver 6M (Gone)
    2002 VX SS II Quicksilver 6M
    Dream Car:- HSV VL SS GRP A

Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell!

Surely you can't have been around as long as me??!!....Not that it means anything.
    I didn't say that the issues were the same, only that the Brock issue was much bigger, and there were plenty of people in those days who, rightly or wrongly, saw the Walkinshaw group as the bad guys.
    I can't say I'm totally happy with what's happened, because I have very good friends involved here who are going to be affected by this.
    "Jumping Ship"?...yes, I see where you're coming from, and like I said, I have very close friends involved who have been working their arses off, but, it's a tough world commercially, & Holden want results,....which they haven't been getting from HRT for a long time.
    "Supporting Holden"?...There will be plenty of support. Just as soon as the Holden Racing Team logo appears on the Red Bull Cars, and they start flogging the Fords, the fans will forget, and they will be happy, and so will Holden, who are putting in the dollars.
    V8SC is a VERY tough game, I don't know how many involved sleep at night. There will be more changes to come.
    Pickles.

From the wording of those articles, it sounds like Walkinshaw is trying very hard to keep ties with Holden.
    Was a very gracious exit comment from Ryan.
    But to me that does not look good for future V8 development at HSV.
    Holden will be pushing new V6 commie as hard as possible, and that means if HSV want to continue the relationship, they will have to use the V6 platform for its mainstream models.
    Especially if Holden have committed to using V6 platform for Supercar series moving on.
    I think Holden will not want an HSV V8 product taking Sales from Holdens performance V6 models , but rather adding an extra tier to the range.
    Cant wait to see the war paint on the new RBRA cars next year.

Thread Information