HSV Forum

Page 2 of 4 First << 1234 Last >>
    Tucker who is installing the exhaust if you supply it......have you asked the shop how much they plan to charge you for unbolting your factory and fitting the new one...
    Any exhaust shops in Darwin you can get them to fit for you? You could always get a remote tune by oztrack tuning after the exhaust is fitted.

Quote Originally Posted by rodders188 View Post
    Tucker who is installing the exhaust if you supply it......have you asked the shop how much they plan to charge you for unbolting your factory and fitting the new one...
    Any exhaust shops in Darwin you can get them to fit for you? You could always get a remote tune by oztrack tuning after the exhaust is fitted.
    mate have spoken to a number of exhaust shops ( there's only a couple) and it seems the going rates about $130 an hour, potentially a 5-6 hour job. Im hoping that I may be able to utilise a tuner up here to do the job aswell as a tune, although he is a KPM/Streetfighter dealer and may not want to.

You mentioned not having cats. I'm hoping you just meant not changing them rather than not having them at all. Registration without cats will be a big fail - impossible to sell the car interstate as it will require pits at the motor registry. Big fine for you for running a vehicle without cats (if caught).

Quote Originally Posted by grange250 View Post
    You mentioned not having cats. I'm hoping you just meant not changing them rather than not having them at all. Registration without cats will be a big fail - impossible to sell the car interstate as it will require pits at the motor registry. Big fine for you for running a vehicle without cats (if caught).
    yeahhhh...........I meant uuummm not changing them,yeah. are you a cop?

5-6 hrs that's slow , they're taking the piss

Trucker - ex navy but I worked with the Fed Spooks for many years. We taught each other lots of things.

Quote Originally Posted by grange250 View Post
    Trucker - ex navy but I worked with the Fed Spooks for many years. We taught each other lots of things.
    ha ha all good mate yes I will be installing cats!!

A bit late onto the scene but anyway..... I will choose a ms over stainless system for any garaged car that is maintained reasonably well every time. The main reason for this is the resonance of m/s gives a far better burble than s/s which is no where near as good. The only time I'd recommend s/s is for 4wd etc where mud/whatever is likely to be caked onto it repeatedly over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHotMike View Post
    A bit late onto the scene but anyway..... I will choose a ms over stainless system for any garaged car that is maintained reasonably well every time. The main reason for this is the resonance of m/s gives a far better burble than s/s which is no where near as good. The only time I'd recommend s/s is for 4wd etc where mud/whatever is likely to be caked onto it repeatedly over and over again.
    Mate agreed, I went with a mild steel system from Manta,.

Quote Originally Posted by Trucker View Post
    Mate agreed, I went with a mild steel system from Manta,.
    What system loud or quiet? Size headers?

Thread Information