HSV Forum

Page 4 of 4 First << ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    I'd say the mufflers will collapse before the system rusts out
    And what time frame would that be? 5 years?
    If so, I'm just going to go for mild steel and save about $700
    Current Ride: 2014 HSV Gen f GTS, Auto - Herron White
    Previous Ride: 2011 FPV BOSS GT 335, Manual - Edge with Silver stripes

Probably more....hard to say really. Most stainless come with a 10 year guarantee so you would expect a minimum of 10 out of that. Mild is probably 2 year guarantee (at a guess?) but I would expect a lot longer given the usage

Aluminized will last years. I rung Manta ages ago about s/s vs m/s, and they said the only difference between the two s/s vs m/s is price, warranty, both systems have identical internal muffler packing. Most people don't hold there car long enough for even a m/s system to rust out.

Quote Originally Posted by rodders188 View Post
    Aluminized will last years. I rung Manta ages ago about s/s vs m/s, and they said the only difference between the two s/s vs m/s is price, warranty, both systems have identical internal muffler packing. Most people don't hold there car long enough for even a m/s system to rust out.
    That's exactly what I needed to know. Awesome

Like someone said if you are going to perform more mods at a later date Go the larger Headers. Generally speaking Larger Headers you may Lose some low down torque. With Supercharged Engines with Mods Larger Headers will Produce More Power at higher RPM.
    Sound is not an issue for me.
    With the Exhaust system, I like the Manta. Try and gets Pics of each Exhaust system Look at the shape of each of the systems. Look for Systems which "straight Line" (or shortest length) the exhaust the most or the less amount of 90 degree bends.
    The less restriction and changes of direction the exhaust makes, the better the Performance and in most cases better sound.
    MS versus SS is another issue in regards to sound.
    Some systems I`ve seen make the exhaust Gases bounce around like a Pinball Ball... not good for Performance or Sound... if that is your thing.
    I had my Walkinshaw Exhaust modified to mimic the Manta at the front end of the exhaust system. Picked up more HP and exhaust was quieter.
    I`m currently changing my 1 7/8 Headers to 2 inch Headers (LS7 2300 Maggie).

Quote Originally Posted by skooby View Post
    That's exactly what I needed to know. Awesome
    On ebay there a Difillipo twin 2.5'' catback with bimodal fitted for sale for a gen f $1600

Quote Originally Posted by rodders188 View Post
    On ebay there a Difillipo twin 2.5'' catback with bimodal fitted for sale for a gen f $1600
    Thanks mate
    Will it still sound alright being a catback and 2.5 inch only?
    Will it sound a lot beefier than the stock exhaust?
    I don't mind doing this first especially because i won't need to tune the car and can retain my warranty until it runs out in November

I have a Difillipo twin 2.5" stainless system on my Monaro that I love the sound of and is still fine after over 10 years of use so its been a good choice for me.

Thread Information