HSV Forum

Page 2 of 5 First << 1234 ... Last >>
    Quote Originally Posted by NickGts View Post
    I'm lower pulley, headers, CAI tune, Interchiller do 11.5's with drag radials currently
    As for RWHP reckon I'm 525ish
    Over driven the blower by how much?
    Supporting mods? Injectors? Fuel pump?
    Race cats or stock?
    Full exhaust or just headers?

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Eors View Post
    The chiller will still make a difference on a single run...the colder the intake air the better the volumetric efficiency..denser air charge...more horsepower...wheels turn quicker...faster times
    I reckon spending the 2-3k on a set of diff gears would yield a greater improvement. Could probably even add a converter and still have change.

Why is it that when you want to make an NA car as quick as possible, theres more focus on gearing and suspension, yet most people running ultra quick times in the F's still run stock gear? Anyone actually tried it at the strip yet? Old mate put 3.7's in his GTS Maloo and said it woke it up so surely not a bad thing?

You'd need injectors and probably close to needing something done with the pump side of things but no idea what pump they run. The E85 VE pumps would handle 550rwhp.

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    Over driven the blower by how much?
    Supporting mods? Injectors? Fuel pump?
    Race cats or stock?
    Full exhaust or just headers?
    28%od
    Id850
    Boosta pump
    Headers hi flow cats (stock rest exhaust
    Chiller
    Harrop pod

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    I reckon spending the 2-3k on a set of diff gears would yield a greater improvement. Could probably even add a converter and still have change.

Why is it that when you want to make an NA car as quick as possible, theres more focus on gearing and suspension, yet most people running ultra quick times in the F's still run stock gear? Anyone actually tried it at the strip yet? Old mate put 3.7's in his GTS Maloo and said it woke it up so surely not a bad thing?

You'd need injectors and probably close to needing something done with the pump side of things but no idea what pump they run. The E85 VE pumps would handle 550rwhp.
    I am not disputing any other mods...just stating that it will make a difference

Quote Originally Posted by NickGts View Post
    28%od
    Id850
    Boosta pump
    Headers hi flow cats (stock rest exhaust
    Chiller
    Harrop pod
    Ok so your best is an 11.5 considered a mid 11 pass with the mods you have once you finally put some decent rubber on it

As for the driveline personally I feel the GTS has all you need from factory, no need for converters or diff gears, hell I've seen a 1.5 60ft from mine. So I don't think it's lacking.

Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Do you not think 1.4 or quicker is there for the taking though?

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    Do you not think 1.4 or quicker is there for the taking though?
    ZL1's with better wider rubber are doing it with the exact same driveline as the GTS I see no reason I can't get a 1.4 next time I get out there.
    I've been doing 1.5's with traction issues, last time I had pretty bad wheel spin and still got a 1.54

ZL1's with better wider rubber are doing it with the exact same driveline as the GTS I see no reason I can't get a 1.4 next time I get out there.
    I've been doing 1.5's with traction issues, last time I had pretty bad wheel spin and still got a 1.54
    That is more important than a boost in power, getting all the power you have to the ground, it's the number one issue drag cars have dialing in the track.

Quote Originally Posted by zRoYz View Post
    That is more important than a boost in power, getting all the power you have to the ground, it's the number one issue drag cars have dialing in the track.
    A car that runs low 11's though isn't going to have as many traction issues as a car like mine.

NickGTS proved that when he put radials on he dropped 2 tenths of a second and hooked no problems at all running an 11.5 so in reality a low 11 eg lets say 11.3-11.0 would simply need a little more grunt off the line.

How much does a ZL1 weigh?

A car that runs low 11's though isn't going to have as many traction issues as a car like mine.

NickGTS proved that when he put radials on he dropped 2 tenths of a second and hooked no problems at all running an 11.5 so in reality a low 11 eg lets say 11.3-11.0 would simply need a little more grunt off the line.
    Which is easily solved with a set of diff gears.... If the manual diff is 3.7's, it would be a very easy swap

Thread Information