HSV Forum

Rockford in my E3

Hey guys

I've used Rockford a number of times but this time I'm interested to do the install myself.

Car: E3 Tourer

Setup in car at present is Rockford T16 splits in front and p165 in rear doors. I was told I wouldn't get true performance from splits until amped. I also wanted to add a sub

I have bought a Rockford P300-10 active sub. Personal preference. I was told to simply tap into rear door wires for signal.

The car obviously has a deck with no rca's. I have bought a p400x4 to run front and rear speakers. My understanding is I don't need an LOC because the the P400 is high level capable. I intended to cut loom close to deck and connect two RFIF2SW connectors to loom side and then RCA's to amp. Then with cut end (or speaker end) I was going to connect these wires to a 9 core and run that to the amp. I'm pretty sure my research is right and this works but my question is in regards to the P300-10. If I do what I suggest, the P300 is going to have an amplified signal because of the way I have connected the speakers. Is this ok for the p300 to have an amplified signal

I hope that makes sense and I appreciate any help
    Last edited by bonners; 25-04-2016 at 07:37 PM.

You should be able to tap into the wires from the factory sub. If E3 is like E1, the sub input is a duplicate feed from the rear doors and is already in the boot.

Mick
    MY09 Senator Signature
    Cleaned --- Protected --- Driven

Mick, cheers mate. Yeah I did it that way on my sedan. But the wagon doesn't have rear subs

I'd just solder in two pairs of those RFIF's that you plan to use to the rear speaker line. Don't run the amped high level output in to another amp.

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    I'd just solder in two pairs of those RFIF's that you plan to use to the rear speaker line. Don't run the amped high level output in to another amp.
    I only need those connectors for amp. The sub has a special connector that just runs wire to speaker cable.

The only way I can get a non amplified signal is by tapping in at front of car prior to using the connectors for running to amp. No matter what I do, if I use the rear speakers as signal for sub, it will be amplified

Quote Originally Posted by bonners View Post
    Mick, cheers mate. Yeah I did it that way on my sedan. But the wagon doesn't have rear subs
    Oops. Missed that bit

Does the feed still exist from the side of the head unit? I recall E1s having a separate output for sub +/-.

Mick
    MY09 Senator Signature
    Cleaned --- Protected --- Driven

Quote Originally Posted by bonners View Post
    I only need those connectors for amp. The sub has a special connector that just runs wire to speaker cable.

The only way I can get a non amplified signal is by tapping in at front of car prior to using the connectors for running to amp. No matter what I do, if I use the rear speakers as signal for sub, it will be amplified
    Yeah, just tap in at the same place with some speaker wire and run it to the sub at the back. Where are you mounting the amp?

Amp for speakers I was going to mount under my seat

White lie, i was just going to do the blue line but i think what we are both agreeing is to do the red line in order to not have an amplified signal

Yes, add in the red line. For the cost of a few meters of twin core speaker wire it's a much better way to go

Thread Information