HSV Forum

Page 21 of 21 First << ... 11192021
    So when I cam my car I know I will loose boost , because I have the 28% lower would I be able to go a upper pulley and get say 35% overdrive or is there not a upper pulley that will go with a 28% lower , meaning I will have to go a smaller bottom pulley and a top pulley to get over 30% depending on where my boost is after the cam is installed ???? I know my tuner will sort past this out but I do like to learn this stuff so I have a little bit of knowledge as to what I get done to my car

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfox666 View Post
    So when I cam my car I know I will loose boost , because I have the 28% lower would I be able to go a upper pulley and get say 35% overdrive or is there not a upper pulley that will go with a 28% lower , meaning I will have to go a smaller bottom pulley and a top pulley to get over 30% depending on where my boost is after the cam is installed ???? I know my tuner will sort past this out but I do like to learn this stuff so I have a little bit of knowledge as to what I get done to my car
    You will need a smaller lower pulley to go with the smaller top put otherwise blower RPM is way to high

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS & Fastest stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT’s? we’ve achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    You have many sizes of options:
    8.25" (209.55mm)
    8.66" (219.96mm)
    9.17" (232.91mm)
    9.55" (242.57mm)
    9.73" (247.14mm)
    10" (254mm)
    That's assuming the 8.66" is exact and not rounded down from a conversion from 220mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfox666 View Post
    Boost in the cylinder will depend on valve events, how well the engine breathes, engine RPM etc. Just because you're changing the cam doesn't mean you'll automatically see less boost.

Have a look at the Lingenfelter table, you can see what effect different upper and lower pulley combinations have on overdrive and maximum recommendations for blower speed.

Ok cheers will do

Thread Information