HSV Forum

Page 18 of 21 First << ... 81617181920 ... Last >>
    10.9 with those mods is very good going. Nice and consistent MPH too, no sign of heat soak! Motortorque and BMEP look like a winning combination, certainly know what they're doing down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
    so finally got my vf gts re tuned on saturday and took it out to the track tonight only managed 2 passes but very happy with the result.

1st pass: 10.917 @ 128.98mph
    2nd pass: spun the tyres off take off managed a 11.0 @128.58 with a shitty 60ft

Mods are: 2.55 top pulley, 10% lower, Harrop cold air, 4into1 headers, deleted cats with standard exhaust. injectors and lid spacer

old crappy m/t 265 40 18

big shout out to motor torque mechanical and forum member BMEP for the tune

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Only 2 runs because it was busy?
    Was tempted to bring the Golf R up and see what it did on the 1/4 since it was cheap night for Euros. Instead found a quite straight road and did some 0-100 runs with the racelogic performance box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    10.9 with those mods is very good going. Nice and consistent MPH too, no sign of heat soak! Motortorque and BMEP look like a winning combination, certainly know what they're doing down there.
    Yea very happy with the way car was running last night, mph was very consistent and I'm not far from a 129mph / 10.8

I
    Quote Originally Posted by FollowTheSapper View Post
    Only 2 runs because it was busy?
    Was tempted to bring the Golf R up and see what it did on the 1/4 since it was cheap night for Euros. Instead found a quite straight road and did some 0-100 runs with the racelogic performance box.

Only 2 runs because there was a oil spill which took them roughly 1 and a half hours to clean up if not longer and was a little busy... you should bring the golf R next week and see how it goes

I

Only 2 runs because there was a oil spill which took them roughly 1 and a half hours to clean up if not longer and was a little busy... you should bring the golf R next week and see how it goes
    That sucks!
    It’s a bit hard these days as I am currently in the ACT. Would love to get the GTS and R there on the same night. R is quicker off the line but the GTS has way more top end

Quote Originally Posted by FollowTheSapper View Post
    That sucks!
    It’s a bit hard these days as I am currently in the ACT. Would love to get the GTS and R there on the same night. R is quicker off the line but the GTS has way more top end

yea being so far sux big time. hopefully we can organise a group meet where we can all go down and have a good night racing!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Yea very happy with the way car was running last night, mph was very consistent and I'm not far from a 129mph / 10.8
    Good times there, right on par with mods. Best time of year to go with real cold air and plenty of cool down time between runs.

I myself could only manage 10.83’s.

Goes to show chiller or water injection not needed when weather nice and cold and plenty of time between runs.
    Last edited by NickGts; 3 Days Ago at 01:24 PM. Reason: Incorrectly implied comment sorry BMEP
    GenF2 30yr Senator
    Previous GenF my15 Gts (fastest stock cam/heads 10.68 @ 130.3)
    Previous VXR8 (vxr
    Previous GTS-r (uk)

Quote Originally Posted by NickGts View Post
    Good times there, right on par with mods. Best time of year to go with real cold air and plenty of cool down time between runs.

One day may finally get tune sorted so can get out of hole better be be able to get into flat 10.7’s or 10.6’s.

Goes to show chiller or water injection not needed when weather nice and cold and plenty of time between runs.
    Nick, can you explain what you mean by “getting tune sorted to get out the hole better”?

I took offence to this comment as I tuned your car.

Your car has run a 1.58 60ft with minimal mods and stock cam & you want it to “get out the hole better?” Pull your head in you fool.

Learn that there is limits to everything, since you have been tinkering with your own tune and can not improve on it, don’t go making claims that you want to get your tune “sorted” and indirectly discredit me.

Furthermore, who are you to judge how Simmy’s car performs? You have no idea to how his tune differs to yours.

You made the comment that the chiller/water injection makes no difference to performance in the current climate, this comment is clearly based on the performance of Simmy’s car vs yours on the same day in the same lane as Simmy doesn’t have a chiller nor reservoir, YET you have no idea on how his tune differs to yours (and it does, I should know as I’ve tuned both cars).

You just did a fantastic job of discrediting the need of a chiller or reservoir in the current climate purely based on your own very limited assumptions. I’m sure Kirk is very proud of you, keep up the great work.

For those of your reading this, straight up, if Simmy’s car did have a reservoir, chiller and water injection, it would have run quicker even in the current climate. Not defending Kirk or his products, chiller, reservoir, just saying it the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by NickGts View Post

One day may finally get tune sorted so can get out of hole better be be able to get into flat 10.7’s or 10.6’s.

Yea, pretty stoked with such minimal mods and not much cooling mods, im not too far off the 10.8 timeslip. Intake temps play a big part between our 2 cars considering you have chiller and reservoir, Where after my burnout I'm cooking but after your burnout you're cold as ice ahaha! The joys of having a chiller etc hmmm should look into getting one hmmm

I've been following your thread about your build and I read your best 60ft is like a 1.5!! That's a quick 60ft dude u should be happy with how it's getting out of the hole with your mods!

Quote Originally Posted by BMEP View Post
    Nick, can you explain what you mean by “getting tune sorted to get out the hole better”?

I took offence to this comment as I tuned your car.

Your car has run a 1.58 60ft with minimal mods and stock cam & you want it to “get out the hole better?” Pull your head in you fool.

Learn that there is limits to everything, since you have been tinkering with your own tune and can not improve on it, don’t go making claims that you want to get your tune “sorted” and indirectly discredit me.

Furthermore, who are you to judge how Simmy’s car performs? You have no idea to how his tune differs to yours.

You made the comment that the chiller/water injection makes no difference to performance in the current climate, this comment is clearly based on the performance of Simmy’s car vs yours on the same day in the same lane as Simmy doesn’t have a chiller nor reservoir, YET you have no idea on how his tune differs to yours (and it does, I should know as I’ve tuned both cars).

You just did a fantastic job of discrediting the need of a chiller or reservoir in the current climate purely based on your own very limited assumptions. I’m sure Kirk is very proud of you, keep up the great work.

For those of your reading this, straight up, if Simmy’s car did have a reservoir, chiller and water injection, it would have run quicker even in the current climate. Not defending Kirk or his products, chiller, reservoir, just saying it the way it is.

Nice!!!

FYI I’m running you’re tune and only fiddling has been done with you’re guidance. (FYI all runs last night we’re with base drag tune)
    I’m purely logging with wideband to see exactly where we are at that’s not foolish is it, If I was a tuner that info would be valuable to me!!!!’

I’m also happy for Simmy that info you’ve learned in part from my car, and the numerous road and drag logs I’ve sent you have assisted you to improve future customers cars.
    (would be good if that fed back!)

You and I know getting out of hole is an important area,
    I’m purely wanting to improve that area, now we can actually see what’s happening at track with fuelling
    Dyno tuning great but as you said numerous times yourself you can’t simulate track on dyno.

If you thought that was an attack on tune I apologise.

You should know me better than that!!!.

As for my water and chiller comments.
    Im not employed to promote Either products I have run numbers without one and other cars have run numbers without other, i may believe in one product more but you gotta be a dumb arse not to understand that you go faster when colder.
    Chiller keeps IATs incheck which allows you scope to tune certain tables.
    Water aids combustion temps allows tuning tweaks but not 100% quantifiable accurately to what degree it works as no accurate EGT data exists.

Hope that clears that up....
    Last edited by NickGts; 4 Days Ago at 09:39 AM.
    GenF2 30yr Senator
    Previous GenF my15 Gts (fastest stock cam/heads 10.68 @ 130.3)
    Previous VXR8 (vxr
    Previous GTS-r (uk)

Thread Information