HSV Forum

Page 3 of 3 First << 123
    07GTS since you have tuned the car yourself it shows you are nowhere near the possible power potential because IAT corrections 100% come into effect on E85, I am pointing out that your high octane spark is lacking timing, because we've seen it plenty of times you can feed more timing into it at lower temperatures and remove timing based on hotter temperatures when the high octane spark is tuned correctly.

To say "I have my IAT tabled zerod out I never see knock" clearly shows you are not running enough timing in the high octane table, and then what.....Russo's, Morpowa and Vengeance in the USA what they don't know what they are doing? And you do as they dont zero out the tables they feed timing in and remove it based on temperature, they tune on the dyno and some if not all use other forms of knock detection.

These 3 cars with the dyno gains on page 1 are tuned by professional tuners with many cars and years experience in tuning and in understanding engines, the IAT tables 100% play a role in adding and removing timing on E85....that's what the table is there for.

E85 cannot correct your intake air temps, it can help with combustion temps and octane rating to avoid knock but it doesn't alter intake temps and intake temps certainly play a role.

Anyone who zeros out the IAT table simply doesn't know what they are doing.

It's almost like saying ok you said you cruise around at 60c IAT2 if that 60c IAT2 was say 10c IAT2 do you think you'd then be able to run more timing?

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

for starters im not tuning for max power so im not just going to throw timing at it so i have the highest timing i can have at any IAT temps i dont have a LSA and im not designed for boost i have high comp and n/a bottom end

i havnt said anything about any tuning shops and the work they do they are pros and do what they know to do if they want to populate a table or not then they can they have all the data to look at with the engine they are tuning.

on the hottest day i can go for a drive and not loose power and on the coldest day i can do the same, if i dont want to add timing when its colder or remove timing when its hotter thats up to me if i had a built engine then i would tune it all out but i dont, im not saying to go zero out the table im just showing that u dont have to loose timing with E85 in hot temps if u dont need too i zeroed it out when for drive and no loss then why remove timing, and for the cold IAT end i have enough timing in the main spark for that all year round so dont need to add more atm

if i had iat of 60c and could make it 10c then would i add timing..? well at the moment no i wouldnt i have enough power to use and on an engine that is not ment for this power i wouldnt want to get every last bit out of it, but if i wanted every last bit then i could add timing

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    im not saying to go zero out the table im just showing that u dont have to loose timing with E85 in hot temps
    No you don't have to lose timing with hot temps your tune is deliberately losing timing all of the time by not utilizing the IAT correction tables.

As long as you have no knock and are not deadly close to knock you can make more power by tuning the IAT correction maps and simulating different temps your car will see....this is after all what most professional tuners will do, especially on a supercharged car as you never know the customer could be doing mile racing and see intake temps of 120+ and he could also be racing in the dead of winter at 0c.....hence why GM use the IAT tables and tuners do too.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Thread Information