HSV Forum

Page 2 of 2 First << 12

Thread: SA HSV Club

Any Updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Air View Post
    Any Updates?
    Ha Air old mate, when I get back to SA you and me can make a club (^.o)

Or you could just fly me back to OZ every other month for a club get together :P

Hehe oldmategts, sounds like an awesome plan, just wish the boss would lend me the keys.

That would be 3 of us at least for the club. It's growing potential.

Is it worth buying a HSV? What do people think will happen to the value of there cars?

I think you've come to the wrong place to ask that kind of a question....I don't think you'll hear too many "Oh no, don't waste your money on a HSV" type replies on here. Of course they're worth it!
    There also isn't a large amount of people concerned about what will happen to the value of their cars. When supply dries up, chances are they will hold their value quite well but most here buy their cars to drive them rather than as investments.

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    I think you've come to the wrong place to ask that kind of a question....I don't think you'll hear too many "Oh no, don't waste your money on a HSV" type replies on here. Of course they're worth it!
    There also isn't a large amount of people concerned about what will happen to the value of their cars. When supply dries up, chances are they will hold their value quite well but most here buy their cars to drive them rather than as investments.
    Correct, on all points.
    IMHO, there's no doubt, that whilst I've never bought an HSV, or any car for that matter, for "Investment Value", because I buy my cars to enjoy 'em, HSV vehicles, particularly LSA etc & later vehicles are going to hold their value well, very well in fact, relative to other cars.
    The main problem new buyers are going to have, and have it more & more as time goes by, is getting one.
    Have a look at the going price of a low K LSA GTS this time next year & see what I mean?
    Pickles.
    Pickles.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiggy View Post
    Is it worth buying a HSV? What do people think will happen to the value of there cars?
    If you are buying it in the soul hope if it appreciating in value you will be sorely mistaken.

If you need it to appreciate, there are a billion other things that money could be better invested into.

Lots of people do those kind of mental gymnastics in their head in a delusional attempt to justify the blood sweat and tears that goes into buying one of these cars. If its what it takes to get the missus over the line go for it, just don't trick yourself at the same time.

If you have the money and want one, buy one. We only get one time around.

I can tell you that for a dollar for dollar comparison nothing really comes close. The next best thing will see you spending double or more for the same performance.

They will always make new cars, and there will always be better cars that come along.

Thread Information