HSV Forum

Page 334 of 334 First << ... 234284324332333334
Results 3,331 to 3,334 of 3334
    Wonder if the second gear take off can be overidden by a tuner unless HSV have locked that into their system ??? Something like allowing it to engage in "Track" mode.

Will report back late next week after it comes back from all the mods mentioned above are completed. I'd dare say that all my initial opinions will go out the window and I prove myself wrong. Certainly hope so..Thanks for the heads up guys !
    Maloo GTSR Interchiller

Quote Originally Posted by markost View Post
    Wonder if the second gear take off can be overidden by a tuner unless HSV have locked that into their system ??? Something like allowing it to engage in "Track" mode.

Will report back late next week after it comes back from all the mods mentioned above are completed. I'd dare say that all my initial opinions will go out the window and I prove myself wrong. Certainly hope so..Thanks for the heads up guys !
    Can do just about anything with a tune, depending on the level of talent your tuner has.

BMEP noted some decent drops in temp when commanding first gear take offs as per the thread here...
    http://www.hsvforum.com.au/showthread.php?t=16523

It is a very short gear though and HSV would have deemed it to not be required in general day to day driving when the car does everything it should taking off in second.

But as per the other replies, it sounds like a bit of boost and a tune will get you where you need to be. Completely agree with NZ, the GTSR is essentially just a GTS with a different kit. Whilst they're not 'slow' in standard guise, they do wake up a lot with a few mods in the right places.

Put some KM's under the belt mate, the LSA's run really tight from new... when I got mine brand new it was ok, but then I did 500km or so of hills driving (through the gears, rev range etc) and that really loosened it up and I noticed it had way more go!

Quote Originally Posted by markost View Post

I'd imagine it would be fairly simple for a tuner to copy the sport gearbox tune into the normal drive
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Thread Information