HSV Forum

Page 3 of 323 First << 123451353103 ... Last >>
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    Ok we'll hang on a second just 1 eg of a stock high end kW car is the Ferrari’s upcoming Ferrari F12, with its 6.3-litre V12 producing 544kW and 690Nm. So emissions allow for at least that ....

And I have not even looked deeper into it that a 30 second Google search. Yes admissions might vary for the gtsr butt meh it's possible.
    It's not the outright power figure that dictates emissions. The comparison of an LS engine to an F140 engine is like that of the F12 to a Model T Ford.
    When you try and screw big numbers out of rather inefficient engines, something has to give.

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    It's not the outright power figure that dictates emissions. The comparison of an LS engine to an F140 engine is like that of the F12 to a Model T Ford.
    When you try and screw big numbers out of rather inefficient engines, something has to give.
    Ahh k dam just do what VW did and lie we can let it slide if it means more power lol. I wonder then if the hellcat would be able to be sold here if they ever wanted to bring it.

Quote Originally Posted by DylanMaloo View Post
    If it has the LSA it will not sell.
    The GTSR has been talked up to have the LS9 and as it should being a GTSR
    It will still sell it just won't be as exclusive or valuable in the future , probably also keep the retail down initially

Ahh k dam just do what VW did and lie we can let it slide if it means more power lol. I wonder then if the hellcat would be able to be sold here if they ever wanted to bring it.
    The hellcat will meet emissions.
    Emissions isn't a case of that car makes 1000hp it cant meet emissions, any car can meet emissions...I know someone who built a twin turbo 427 and it met emissions and got certified with an engineers certificate....anything is possible.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

I was going to say I thought the USA are tougher on new car emissions then we are.

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    The hellcat will meet emissions.
    Emissions isn't a case of that car makes 1000hp it cant meet emissions, any car can meet emissions...I know someone who built a twin turbo 427 and it met emissions and got certified with an engineers certificate....anything is possible.

Well then at least hellcat power is possible if not more so let's hope they go balls to the walls

Well then at least hellcat power is possible if not more so let's hope they go balls to the walls
    Hellcat has a 2.4L blower.....the LSA as said is 1.9L and the LS9 is 2.3L they are not allowed to over spin them so when a manufacturer wants large power increases they have to replace the blower.

So the LSA engine will likely not make anymore than 450kw if they use the LS9 it will make 476kw.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Didn't 200 LS9's land here recently?

Racing... Because football, rugby, basketball & golf only require one ball

Quote Originally Posted by DylanMaloo View Post
    I herd it was 100 motors.
    thats wat i heard to

Oh nice^ gotta be having the LS9 then!
    Zorst video: https://youtu.be/R0oKu5PMQG4
    Water Proof Arrma Kraton on 6S: https://youtu.be/ZZMs7dDCCAY

#21 2001 VX R8 series II
    #16 2006 HSV Dealer Team ClubSport
    #771 2010 E2 GTS

Thread Information