HSV Forum

Page 2 of 254 First << 12341252102 ... Last >>
    Next question is....if it's just an LSA who would still be down for buying a GTS-R ?

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    10.373 @135.70mph 29/May/2016
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.89sec
    V-Box Results 0-60mph in 2.76sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by KAL SPL View Post
    No actual progress
    Pics or it didn't happen

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    Next question is....if it's just an LSA who would still be down for buying a GTS-R ?
    I reckon it would still be cool if it was bumped up slightly in power but stripped out and loads of carbon a la HRT427 style. If it's just a different kit but the same power then I can't see it being a huge seller....but the original wasn't that different from a regular GTS

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    I reckon it would still be cool if it was bumped up slightly in power but stripped out and loads of carbon a la HRT427 style. If it's just a different kit but the same power then I can't see it being a huge seller....but the original wasn't that different from a regular GTS

Well that depends it would have to be well more power then any upgrade on offer for the GTS currently. So for now biggest package with warranty is the 530 Harrop. So yer at least over that. But I think I'd still not bother if it was the LSA and body kit only.

Why should it?
    What did a VS GTS R have over a regular VS GTS? Essentially different trim and a shopping trolley handle...

As much as I would like it to have the LS9, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't. It won't have as much power as the aftermarket packages as it will still need to meet emissions unlike anything you get from Harrop, Walkinshaw etc etc that wouldn't have a hope in hell of passing an IM240 test.

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    Why should it?
    What did a VS GTS R have over a regular VS GTS? Essentially different trim and a shopping trolley handle...

As much as I would like it to have the LS9, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't. It won't have as much power as the aftermarket packages as it will still need to meet emissions unlike anything you get from Harrop, Walkinshaw etc etc that wouldn't have a hope in hell of passing an IM240 test.
    Warranty and legality aren't in the same paragraph as after market kits. So setting sights at >530kW is just dreaming. I reckon there is a fair chance of 'it' having an LS9. White_lie you forgot the ironing board!

Ok we'll hang on a second just 1 eg of a stock high end kW car is the Ferrari’s upcoming Ferrari F12, with its 6.3-litre V12 producing 544kW and 690Nm. So emissions allow for at least that ....

And I have not even looked deeper into it that a 30 second Google search. Yes admissions might vary for the gtsr butt meh it's possible.

But yea if not more power at least extra speed and grip...

0-100 should beat the 507 pack at least. And of course the upgrades should surpass the LSA upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    Ok we'll hang on a second just 1 eg of a stock high end kW car is the Ferrari’s upcoming Ferrari F12, with its 6.3-litre V12 producing 544kW and 690Nm. So emissions allow for at least that ....

And I have not even looked deeper into it that a 30 second Google search. Yes admissions might vary for the gtsr butt meh it's possible.
    What comes into play here are several factors that you need to keep in mind.
    The LSA blower can make plenty of power we all know this, however Eaton make and warranty the blower then GM buys and then sell to Holden/HSV.

If Eaton says the max blower rpm is X then the max blower rpm is X, you cannot over spin it from factory and then have GM cover the warranty and then pass on the claim to Eaton.

The only way to get more kw out of the blower on the engine is to change the blower itself. (Keeping in mind we are talking factory here, not after market)

So basically what I am saying is HSV are not allowed to over spin the blower by any amount, they can tweak the tune, headers, intake, cats etc as much as they like but they still have to meet emissions.

If the GTS-R comes out with the LSA engine the only likely change will be tune file and possibly enclosed pod filter like the walkinshaw version.....likely bumping power figures up to 450kw from 430kw.

I still have a feeling the LS9 will be in there but we will have to wait and see.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    10.373 @135.70mph 29/May/2016
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.89sec
    V-Box Results 0-60mph in 2.76sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Thread Information