HSV Forum

Page 377 of 380 First << ... 277327367375376377378379 ... Last >>
Results 3,761 to 3,770 of 3798
    Out of interest, what did you/they do to the fuel system?

Kirk's results with the DuSpeed OTR was it capped at about 580. This one has a much larger filter but I'm sure it will limit it at some point. Easy way to check is to pull the filter out between runs and see if there's a difference, although the tuner should pick that with boost/vacuum logs.
    Would also be interested to see if there's a difference on the track with or without a filter.

With the boost side of things, you don't just add the two pulleys together as the crank pulley is already over driving the blower pulley. It's probably more like 28-30% over driven at a guess.

I had a VCM pod intake and Kirk found that one a limiting factor as well
    GTSR Maloo Interchiller

Standard fuel system with Bosh 1000mil injectors.
    The Xair OTR is doing good flow on the Dyno I guess it will do better with the car moving forward from air pressure on the filter.
    Just a layman's view.
    It just looks the part and is on a similar design to the W1.

I would be kindly asking to see a log of the fuel pressure with that power and standard pump/no BAP.

I'm not saying this X-air one works or doesn't work, as I haven't tried it to see, it maybe different to previous LSA OTR's.

But just to clarify on the Dus Speed OTR, it was a combination of air filter and distance between throttle body and air filter that made it lose power above 580rwhp.

I'll try and explain this and hopefully it makes sense.
    When the engine was boosted up and required more air flow, the air moved faster, since this air was moving so fast it was sucking through a straight shot direction to the throttle body, so even if the air filter was 5 meters wide it wouldn't matter, as the speed of the required air was only being pulled in from directly in front of the throttle body.

Hope that makes sense.

In this regard a pod filter has a cone design which allows air to be pulled in from a 360 degree area, this allows the engine to breathe, we have even found some air filters had significant gains over others, we also tried no filter to see how that worked and have also filmed in slow motion the throttle body blade dancing around when under very high load.

The harrop unit is the best performing off the shelf intake I've use, however when I made my own intake (sorry it's not for sale) it did perform better again.

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS with a Stock Bottom End
    9.700 @143.14mph 17/July/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    How did you work that out?
    It's on the chart. It says RPM/KPH = 43. Therefore 43 RPM/KPH x 196 KPH = 8,428 RPM. I thought it seemed pretty high hence the question.

I don't know why dyno operaters use KPH on the horizontal axis. Why not just hook up a sensor on the ignition wire and measure the RPM directly?

Quote Originally Posted by Bud977 View Post
    It's on the chart. It says RPM/KPH = 43. Therefore 43 RPM/KPH x 196 KPH = 8,428 RPM. I thought it seemed pretty high hence the question.

I don't know why dyno operaters use KPH on the horizontal axis. Why not just hook up a sensor on the ignition wire and measure the RPM directly?
    I'd say that's roller speed, not vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    I'd say that's roller speed, not vehicle.
    The maths doesn't quite work out for that either. For the roller to turn at 43 rpm for 1 kph, the roller would need to be 122mm diameter which is quite small. They are usually 200-300mm.

The 43 RPM/kph could just be a bad operator input. It's more useful to use engine RPM.

Bump
    Zorst video: https://youtu.be/R0oKu5PMQG4

#21 2001 VX R8 series II (HSV Racing Green)
    #16 2006 HSV Dealer Team ClubSport (Phanton Black)
    #771 2010 E2 GTS (wildfire)

Hi All

I have a question for all GTS-R owners who optioned the sunroof. Has anyone noticed the roof lining having become unstuck from the roof? I noticed this last week as it looked like it was sitting just a bit lower than usual, just after the sunroof opening. I pushed up against it and it makes a noise similar to pulling 2 pieces of velco apart.

It appears as though the adhesive used to fix the moulded roof lining in place has failed.

Hopefully this isn't a widespread occurrence!

Thread Information