HSV Forum

Page 3 of 45 First << 1234513 ... Last >>

Thread: Lsx ve senator

I can't wait to hear this setup cracking up the Reefton Spur. Have you as your 2016 New Years Resolution given that Cancer causing vice of yours the final kick in the butt ? This new setup is going to require two hands on the steering wheel at all times. As you will be now constantly smoking up the rear treads I don't think you'll have the time, need nor money for it to be coming out of your mouth ,nose ,ears ,skin pores and arse as well

hahaha.. Gave the cigs up, smokin a pipe now lol.. never smoke in the car anyway....
    Hangin to get it goin , dropped a heap of weight off the flywheel. Will make a huge difference, it will zing up super quick and will sound way better when i gv it a blip.
    Going to be hard gettin off the line tho, not as hard as the race cars, always used tiny triple disc button clutches. Had to rev it to 4k and pop it. other good part is lots better engine braking with light flywheel.

Ive had a mate working on moulds for the ground effects aero , never ending story . So im getting a price to do the lot in carbon fibre. He's also giving me a price for some sorta composite.
    Only changes ive asked for is a removable skirt on the outside of middle panels and see if he an incorporate a splitter in the front diffuser
    Got to find out the details of the composite he could use. Said it will be alot cheaper for the aero , carbon is overkill..
    Last edited by mickyinc; 08-01-2016 at 06:17 PM.

i have the light flywheel on mine and jees it revs up quick and down shifts u barely have to match revs sometimes it just revs up effortlessly when clutch grabs itself

How much quicker do you think it is with light flywheel?

not too sure exactly had it done with alot of other changes at the simular time, definitely revs up good tho and depending on cam may need some idle tuning to control surging from not having much rotating weight, i also get some clutch shutter if not released right which the clutch company now has heavier flywheels to stop that happening

pir4te Guest
    How much lighter is the flywheel?

mickyinc is 3.7kg lighter, mine im not sure it came in the Mantic clutch kit is a track style but for street use also

If they get to light it can be a prick to drive everyday.
    07GTS ive got the mantic clutch as well, it came with the heavier flywheel.I got the VZ clutch , $700 cheaper than the VE, then bought a VE concentric slave for a $130 I think it would be about half a kg lighter than your one.
    Ive never seen any back to back testing but you'd rekon it be quite a bit faster .

yea mine is the 9000 series twin cerametelic and a few months after i got it they said they started to use the heavier flywheel because of the complaints from people they get clutch shutter from it, i ran it for a week to wear it in and even with standard engine started to shutter once it gripped up then with cam fitted just made it little worse but u get use to driving in a way to not cause it, gained maby 5-7 rkw and prob lost a couple torques

The old block has been pulled down. Lsx block has been dumbied, touch up nothes in sleeves for rod bolts to clear. getting decked as we speak.
    All parts are in good nick except for a few little scrathes in crank bearings , probably from the needle bearings that came from the rocker trunions.
    Will be getting new mains and crank bearings and will be going back together tomorrow. Bring it on .....
    Ive replaced gear shifter, thought i was going to hv to get a rip shifter with base for$650 coz cheapest shifter with base was $400, had one last look on gumtree before i was going to buy and found 1 for $50 so old short shifter in .

I was reading some lsx articles last night and the difference between the LS block and the LSX block is worth just over 20rwkw.
    Thats due to the aluminium block having lots of movement . Interesting
    Last edited by mickyinc; 14-01-2016 at 03:13 PM.

Thread Information