HSV Forum

Page 53 of 54 First << ... 34351525354 Last >>

Thread: Lsx ve senator

Lucky bloke if he is really good
    My luck with panel shops is terrible

Ive tried about 5 panel shops and none of them im happy with
    2 out of 3 cars i had done last week are going back due to defects in paintwork grrrr

Each time i try a new shop i explain to them im quite particular and each time i have issues

He said he will use a ceramic paint for the front, which i hadnt heard of.
    He costs a bit more and in my way of thinking he probably does to good a job. He pushes me to go full show and ive got to stop myself from saying yes.He already talked me into doing more than needed, ive got to say just do bumper, bonnet and fade into the guards
    Im a realist,its when not if i crash this car, so i dont want to spend 16k to see it on a tree or 10, a post , another car, in the water hahaha

getting the solid lifter yella terra rockers. The pair on the right in the pic
    [IMG][/IMG]

nice....
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION

Cars ready to be picked up , had 4K paint touch up and was detailed and window tint.
    Heads will be shipped by 1st august. Blocks been honed, don't know yet whether it needs new pistons or just have pistons coated.
    I'm hoping ,depending on customs, it'll be back on the road by september..
    Anyone know of a Ve hsv with 500+Rwkw N/A .....

There's a bloke in the ACT HSV owners club with an LS7 in his E3? that's apparently pushing 430ish rwkw
    2008 MY09 HSV VE SENATOR #0270.
    Life's pretty straight without mufflers

Quote Originally Posted by mickyinc View Post
    getting the solid lifter yella terra rockers. The pair on the right in the pic
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I was told by about 5 people not to run these rockers as these people had them brake on them, I foolishly ran them and broke them too.
    Offshore on this forum also ran them and broke them.

When looking at the broken rocker it's easy to see why the metal surface (once broken) looked like violet crumble full of air pockets.

Any time I see anyone running these I cringe

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS & Fastest stock bottom end
    9.700 @148.3mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT’s? we’ve achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

I'd go with Comp and not YT personally.
    Jesel's would be nice but pricey.

430ishrwkw NA so far, any higher?

Whilelie, Genf, i wanted to go for T&D rockers but they wont or havnt made any that fit these heads, same with comp, jesel would but they would have to custom make them. I'll ask my tuner why exactly because he called to cancel them but was told the YT's are the only solid roller rockers that would fit. They were made especially for these heads.
    I know of 4-5 guys who have been running them in the states, massive lift, higher spring pressures, drag and milers, they have used them for over a yr and no breakages. mamo told tuner he guarantees them and theyll run 8000rpm all day. Im sorta stuck with them. You'd expect a company to fix a product thats been breaking so heres hoping

I'm not sure what heads you have bought but there will be multiple options, hell even stock rockers can probably fit.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS & Fastest stock bottom end
    9.700 @148.3mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT’s? we’ve achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Thread Information