HSV Forum

Page 40 of 43 First << ... 303839404142 ... Last >>

Thread: Lsx ve senator

Quote Originally Posted by HEDSUP View Post
    Gday Mitchy, how is the Rip Shifter?
    My 3.70's are OK for street and Roll Racing/Powercruise/etc but moving around at low speeds ( under 40kmph ) is a PITA. Cant get out of 1st gear.
    I believe its the cam's fault:
    VCM13: 238 / 242 - .603" / .603" - 112 LSA

I thought "maybe" 3.45 or 3.27's would be a better alternative as my car is making a shitload of torque ( 1100nms at the treads ).
    I might even go back into the tune and play with the gear tunes.
    At the moment Im telling myself to suck it up and get used to it
    Rip shifter looks great on the shelf with a few other parts... have been busy, and out of the country unfortunately.

My old cam was a Lunati 237/243 .600”/.600” 113 LSA, it didn’t like 3.45’s at all, as all the common speeds used to sit at about 1800rpm, right where the cam starts bucking and carrying on. 4.11’s are short, but they made it so much nicer to drive for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchy View Post
    Rip shifter looks great on the shelf with a few other parts... have been busy, and out of the country unfortunately.

My old cam was a Lunati 237/243 .600/.600 113 LSA, it didnt like 3.45s at all, as all the common speeds used to sit at about 1800rpm, right where the cam starts bucking and carrying on. 4.11s are short, but they made it so much nicer to drive for me.
    Sounds like our cams are/were very similar.
    Mine is a pig to drive in 1st gear ( or low RPM / Low Speed ). It too bucks and carries on.
    I think I'll stick with the 3.7's for a while and if it pisses me off - will go back to the 4.11's and or seek professional advice.
    Thanks for the imput mate.
    You need to install the shifter, you will love the 2-3 shift.

LS2 V3 Vortech Supercharged
    607rwhp

Got hhe car back from tuners this week. Different car, sounds nice and crisp, throttle response is great, a lot better thru rev range.
    Price was good as well..... O2 sensors were iffy so dropped new ones in tonight and I'll drop back to tuners so he can check ....
    Very happy, will book in to have the new stuff added

Hey Mick,
    Just had to say awsome thread. Just wondering if you're going to host the pics on another service wasn't able to view a lot of them.
    Also what's your shop of choice these days for tuning and engine work?
    cheers
    Gav

Sorry I Havnt got pics up elsewhere.
    Just had it tuned by vision automotive in sunshine nth and I'm super happy with the tune and the way they go about customer service.
    I'll post up the before and after afr later so anyone who knows a bit about tuning will see how much the last so called reputable tuner knows about tuning

Gday Mick

I'm happier with my tune now as well just about fully ironed out. At least combustion is in the engine now and not in the pipes lol. Had a few tuning adjustments on the torque converter as well to eliminate knock. I know makes no sense at all but I can tell you the car is pretty quick now. I might get you on the line haha.

Rick

Makes a big difference having the tune rite doesn't it Rick.
    I think we both had the same problem with standard injector timing.
    Have you sorted out suspension issue?

The American tune was pretty close just can't get it dialled right in as like you can on a Dyno. That said I gave my car to the tuner to drive home for days and make all the necessary road driving adjustments as well. Makes a huge difference. I can tell you I have no drone on my custom exhaust which has no resinators at all just running the factory bimodals x pipe and my xbones pairing cylinders from either bank. Along with cats all placed at tuned lengths using pipemax specific to engine specifics . To be honest I think with my 2140 kg Orca I'll be close to running low 11's even high tens. I haven't done suspension yet . But it's running how it should. A little more tweaking and it'll be just about perfect.

Before and after dyno.
    I was told this dyno reads low , 395rwkw was what it read on last tuners dyno, new tuners dyno read 365rwkw.
    The cars going so much better now , picked up a heap of torque, nice and crisp throttle response.
    The AFR tells the story. So tell me now that you did a good job or it was my fault.
    The clutch is just starting to slip,lasted about a yr. I
    Will put it in the shed this week, pull engine and gearbox. Send engine to tuners for the new heads , intake , tb, cam, bearings. , rings, timing gear, dry sump kit. Order a t56 super magnum and a clutch rebuild kit so when engines back the running gear and suspensions complete,finally. new parts should get it very close to 500rwkw.
    [IMG][/IMG]

AFR looks sweet Mick. I'm looking at output though and would have thought a higher reading based on your engine cubes.If your readings are correct I'm sitting right on your tailpipe suffering from heat soak.lol My output on the Harrop Hub Dyno is 361rwkw

Rick

Thread Information