HSV Forum

Page 59 of 60 First << ... 94957585960 Last >>

Thread: Lsx ve senator

Quote Originally Posted by mickyinc View Post
    Hi Theo , the exhaust will be enclosed so underside of car will look like my model pic a few posts earlier. Down the track I will modify again. I'll relocate fuel tank to spare wheel well, think it will be about 110L tank , by relocating tank I can then run exhaust differently Which in turn allows me to modify rear bar for a more aggressive/performing rear diffuser.
    With tank relocation and full tank of fuel should be very very close to 50/50 front to rear.
    All will have to wait until next yr tho due to house build. When I do start the 1st port of call will be carbon fibre fabrication, boot,bonnet, front guards, rear doors, underbody aero, tank n exhaust mods next then paint, interior is partly underway, I have race seats being upholstered now ,leather same colour as original ....hopefully early 2021 finish
    hahaha - you will never be finished.....
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION
    2018 FORD FOCUS RS LE

Quote Originally Posted by TPKW30 View Post
    hahaha - you will never be finished.....
    Yep your on the money Theo ... I decided 9yrs ago that it will never be sold . Instead of spending 60k or so changing over to a new car every 4 yrs, I'll spend 60k on this car every 4 yrs, if I'm lucky and live to the avg age I hv another 320k to go . Should be looking good, going fast and be super light by then, mayb wheelchair access to lol

Quote Originally Posted by mickyinc View Post
    Yep your on the money Theo ... I decided 9yrs ago that it will never be sold . Instead of spending 60k or so changing over to a new car every 4 yrs, I'll spend 60k on this car every 4 yrs, if I'm lucky and live to the avg age I hv another 320k to go . Should be looking good, going fast and be super light by then, mayb wheelchair access to lol
    gold
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION
    2018 FORD FOCUS RS LE

Pick up my exhaust today which was ceramic coated
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

has anyone had anything to do with inline oil cooler thermostats. Im looking at buying the one in pic
    [IMG][/IMG]

ive got a spare one its full open temp is 210F if that suits

I ended up buying one thanx for offer anyway.
    Do the work well 07Gts? Any probs?
    Cheers

i havnt used it yet but i got a remote mount one and then just couldnt find room for it so i got the oil cooler adapter with the built in thermostat and lower mount style so it fits better all in one, they are ment to be good mine allow some flow at all times so u dont get oil temp shock and then full open at temp, they have rebuild kits to as they do like 10000 cycles life, im going to leave mine off until engine is ran in then fit it on with the good oil

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    i havnt used it yet but i got a remote mount one and then just couldnt find room for it so i got the oil cooler adapter with the built in thermostat and lower mount style so it fits better all in one, they are ment to be good mine allow some flow at all times so u dont get oil temp shock and then full open at temp, they have rebuild kits to as they do like 10000 cycles life, im going to leave mine off until engine is ran in then fit it on with the good oil
    Thanx ... I was going to put the dry sump on but it will be better served on next car i have in mind. Before the car was taking time to get up to heat or when freeway cruising temps it go low. This will help bring them up quicker. I havnt seen any probs with them online , other than oil temps run 10degrees hotter on the track

and I've recently found proof that the low oil sensor in our sump is also the oil temp sensor so the gauge is a true reading

Thread Information