HSV Forum

Page 55 of 57 First << ... 5455354555657 Last >>

Thread: Lsx ve senator

Quote Originally Posted by mickyinc View Post
    I'll put the koya"s on after dyno Rod. It's not far off being totally finished but I just bought 10acres and have to build a holiday house on it for the Mrs , will start by Xmas. Will have a 6 car garage , didn't tell her that yet lol
    So jan2020 it'll get bare metal paint, interior and program for 8speed will be finished by then also
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I know you have to keep the cook happy, but gee, smaller holiday home, bigger garage & more cars
    would make YOU happy
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION

This thing will be awesome when shes done. Big NA’s are still something special. Now thats a bloody holiday house... 6 car garage? What else you got in the shed?

Quote Originally Posted by TPKW30 View Post
    I know you have to keep the cook happy, but gee, smaller holiday home, bigger garage & more cars
    would make YOU happy
    What im looking forward to is its only 30mins from winton .

Looks like we will have the new parts from the states in about 3 weeks, bout friggin time i say
    At about 12k for heads,intake and rockers the value $ per kw gain isnt to flash.
    As of today we have honed the block, balanced flywheel, new je pistons on the way, new heads,intake and rockers on the way. tall rocker covers
    I have had front of car painted, new rotors and pads, wrapped engine harness, new tunnel heat shields, new engine bay heat shields, new cai, new plastic underbody aero, new rims
    Once short block is done will need new gaskets, double row timing chain, which i didnt know you can get different lengths, bearings. Pistons and bearings will/are coated. push rods, cam will be in the 25-/high 260s round 750ish lift. solid lifters
    Bit of luck itll be back on the road in a month. Told my tuner if i pick engine up from him at 9am, ill hve it back to him by 5pm same day so he can get it on dyno.

Quote Originally Posted by mickyinc View Post
    Cars ready to be picked up , had 4K paint touch up and was detailed and window tint.
    Heads will be shipped by 1st august. Blocks been honed, don't know yet whether it needs new pistons or just have pistons coated.
    I'm hoping ,depending on customs, it'll be back on the road by september..
    Anyone know of a Ve hsv with 500+Rwkw N/A .....
    Saw a post on Facebook tonight from Streetbuilt over here in the West and thought of this thread...they usually do a lot of turbo LS's but ran up an NA LS2 based 403ci that's been put in to a VK. Solid roller, carby fed E85. Made just shy of 470rwkw at 7500rpm. Would be crazy in something as light as the VK!

I don't think you'll find too many 500+ to compete against.

My new heads and intake are finally in the country, just hope it doesn't take forever to get thru customs

What oil do u run in it?

Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    What oil do u run in it?
    Penrite 10 tenths racing 10w40 . I tried it in 5w30 and 15w50 as well. All had trade offs and the 10w40 seems quieter and smoother

Thanks
    Ive been recommend the same also

Few pics of new msd intake and heads
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Thread Information