HSV Forum

Page 54 of 54 First << ... 444525354

Thread: Lsx ve senator

Hey Kirk,
    Heads are trickflow, Id have to find out exact reason, as i said i wanted to change to T&D but they wont fit, think has something to do with solid roller and geometry of the heads. Also reading about rockers for my set up and the previous set up the talked about wipe on rockers, where you get larger side to side wear on rocker tips, my old rockers were showing that wear with last set up, a roller tip negates that. All comes down to valve train stability , a little here n a little there adds up

After you and whitelie said you know of failures with the YT's i started looking into them. What i found was they have upgraded them over time, the gen 1 rockers went to about 2009 then updated to gen2 till 2012 then gen3 update till 2015, these are gen4.
    I searched for hrs and couldnt find any mention of a failure with the LS7 that im getting. Even that forum thread i sent you last week didnt have YT fail, that was 262/274 .700 lift ,steep as ramps, revving to 7800rpm and using ss hollow intake and ss solid exhaust valves, no spintron tests to gauge spring pressures, they could throw bigger springs at it but would be guessing.
    In spintron testing , using a 220/228 .600 lift hydraulic roller, dual springs and same valves, under no circumstances would they use those valves because of the weight and it causing valve bounce, when valves shuts hard it bounces . Once again can throw higher spring rate at it but thats just shifting stress elsewhere.

So all that i read , i know the YT rockers are rated to 600lb open spring pressure, i will be running 480lb. Found no ls7 YT rocker failures.
    the cam im getting will have us set rev limiter at 7500rpm, and im trying to get onto tuner so i can ask him to get the heads with TI intake and SS hollow exhaust valves. Not the ss hollow and ss solid valve the head guy wants to use

I may be wrong but the valves the head guy said he will put in and will be no probs for my application are wrong. With the valves he wants to use, solid roller cam and steep ramp and lift the cam will have , the engine shouldnt be revved past 6500rpm. That seems like it totally negates the cam size wanting to use ,may as well go hydraulic .

Make sense? I think everytime i drive the car i bounce it off the limiter with old set up
    Last edited by mickyinc; 2 Days Ago at 12:07 PM.

Sounds like a lot of revs!
    Is it a 7500 limit given your displacement or is that based on smaller cubes?

On my displacement whitelie..It may be 100-200rpm lower , im basing that on the cam i was using which was peaking max hp at 6700rpm, nee cams bigger so expecting peak power at around the 7000rpm, give it 500rpm over peak so when change up gears im in the meat straight up. Sound about rite Whitelie ?
    My tuner said we aren't going big lift so been told all will be safe

I've no idea on the specs so can't really comment on how much lower it would be, was just curious if you were basing it off the supplier's figures for a lower displacement or if they've given you an RPM range for your cubes.
    Has the engine builder or cam supplier run it thru a simulator at all to give you some idea of what it's going to do?

Also, do you get your cams doctored/checked once they're supplied to check they are what they say they are?

This dyno is from a 454 with nearly identical parts , can is mayb 5degree larger, solid roller, same gearbox i hv, he has vacuum pump where ill hv dry sump same Heads, intake,so close not funny

520rwkw this one

I dont know what protocol the tuner/builder has for checking. last cam was btr and just believed what the card read.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by mickyinc; 2 Days Ago at 02:23 PM.

Thread Information