HSV Forum

Page 3 of 3 First << 123
    Quote Originally Posted by fleetz View Post
    Walkinshaw today announced a W547 package for LS3 Holden and HSV for $25,990.....let's call it 26 grand.

Seems a WP230 blower, exhaust I assume 3", injectors, cam, HD valve springs, CAI, tune. What I could gleam from their Facebook release of info...

547kw and 880Nm

But wait the there's more the first 50 get yellow blower and rocker covers, a V8 super car hot lap and a signed photo of Lee Holdsworth V8 super car.

Interesting no mention of any brake upgrade, one would of thought that launching a missile like that you would need 6 piston calliper brake system to pull it up.

No mention of any possible clutch or tranny upgrade requirement....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I'm looking at upgrading my R8 with the W547 shortly so have been doing some research and came across this quote from Walkinshaw Performance:

"There are no changes made to the driveline or chassis of the Commodores and HSVs in concert with the W547. The only concession WPP makes to any concerns about so much power and torque pumping through the system is a driveline warranty. But WPP boss Tony Harris insists the kit does not threaten the 6L80 transmission six-speed auto that most V8 Commodores come with: “We are probably at the absolute peak as far that driveline is concerned but we have not had any driveline failures.”

Auto's and cams, if the remapping of the auto is not done right, it will drive you mad.

Man and cams yes, auto's no.
    VF GTS 2013 - BUILD #238
    VF Sen 2016
    VF SS-V Redline 2017

Quote Originally Posted by GTS2017 View Post
    Auto's and cams, if the remapping of the auto is not done right, it will drive you mad.

Man and cams yes, auto's no.
    Yea I heard there can be some slight hesitation with the auto but then a mechanic who did the upgrade on a video I was watching said it was noticeable on a standing start but that "it would sort itself out" once the engine or onboard computer got used to it. I'm glad I went the manual route.

When I mod my GTS the AUTO was not remap, great to drive. no cam.

with my Sen, something, but the tuner said, I just made a slight change to the auto, fucking hell every time it change I felt that the gearbox was going to fall out because it would slam the gears in, on up change. And also you have two modes Normal and sport. Settings are settings, they don't change overtime unless you make a change to the software.
    VF GTS 2013 - BUILD #238
    VF Sen 2016
    VF SS-V Redline 2017

autos shifts and pressures ect are all related to torque so if u increase the torque (calculated by ecu for engine output) u then also increase the auto's response ect that relate to the torque figure, always best to tune engine first then see how auto responds and adjust from there

Quote Originally Posted by nonchalant View Post
    Yea I heard there can be some slight hesitation with the auto but then a mechanic who did the upgrade on a video I was watching said it was noticeable on a standing start but that "it would sort itself out" once the engine or onboard computer got used to it. I'm glad I went the manual route.
    I was going to comment on this, but decided not to comment on this and just quote it instead so that people will read the quoted text again and then wonder why I would quote this message...

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS with a Stock Bottom End
    9.700 @143.14mph 17/July/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    I was going to comment on this, but decided not to comment on this and just quote it instead so that people will read the quoted text again and then wonder why I would quote this message...
    Why so cryptic? It's not like you to bite your tongue.

This is the only thing I can read between the lines.
    images.jpeg

After reading all the posts on this page, it remined me of how taking your car to the wrong workshop, mechanic or tuner!
    can result in a blown engine.
    Most (not all) workshops can bolt on an exhaust pullies etc, however not many seem to be able to work out
    1. what you really want and can afford
    2. what you car is like (not what you may believe or have been told)
    3. a. the end result you think you want and what needs to be done IOT achieve that
    3. b. how you car is going to perform once the mods are done
    4. what is safe but maxed out.

I'm sure this list could hit 10.
    I did a lot of research talking to owners, and used the tuners they did, result exactly what the tuner said it would be.
    HSV is a very nice car don't try to find the lowest price, unless your HSV badge is on a Barina!

Cheers
    Last edited by Andrew_02; 17-02-2020 at 09:09 PM.

Thread Information