HSV Forum

Thread: Body kits

Body kits

I hope I'm not putting anyone's nose out of joint by posting here or by even asking my question.
    I know I'm not a true HSV, but I do possess a desire to improve what I have while not pretending to be something that I am not.
    What I am on the prowl for are body kits, parts and/or panels that will move my Caprice away from looking like it's bog standard self, but only to the point of upgrading any skirts etc. that will fit my car, but give it a small degree of individuality without going over board to the point of imitation which would be wrong......flattering to a true HSV, but still wrong.
    I will never remove the Caprice badges as I see no shame in wearing them, but neither will I try to indicate or imitate a true HSV nor try to be the Grange that I will never be.
    I did see some very nice black tinted tail lights on a Grange that was advertised by a dealer today, but were they a standard fitment/option or an after market modification or a replacement set by some manufacturer like MARS Performance Parts?
    Again I'm not able to show the pics I saved via the options here, although alternative methods were suggested, I'm one of those dinosaurs who is without a mobile phone.
    So I will simply just pose the question and let the replies fall where they may.

Thanks,
    Bob

The grange kit is pretty subtle. I'd perhaps roll with a rear lip/spoiler and a change of wheels and leave it at that?

Without having looked at them too closely, one thing that usually happens with changing skirts alone is that they don't blend in too well with the original bumpers. But like I said earlier, being a subtle kit it may not be noticeable.

My vote is a walkinshaw bonnet scoop

I agree with your thoughts too W_L, but I'll just have to keep my eyes open for something that may come along. I'm reasonably well practiced with working in fibreglass so modding something to fit isn't out of the question, but it's all down to how much I want to chance what is still basically a nice shape to start with.

Rodder...you couldn't have been closer to the bonnet scoop I've always had a thing for. I have found a company who can modify your own bonnet to make a great set of scoops which I think is pressed using your own bonnet skin. I'll try to find it and post the connection so others can see what I'm talking about.

Cheers,
    Bob

My latest search for the change of appearance for my Caprice has produced a place in Vic. who sells updated HSV items that will make my Caprice look the goods. He had an Ebay auction this week for a very nice looking front end from a ('14?) Grange that is perfect for the look I like. He mentioned that he's an ex HDT member named Jimmy Dee (I hope he doesn't mind me posting his name in this esteemed Forum).
    Like all things though, whether it's speed or appearance, it all comes down to how much money your pocket can hold.
    The question I wanted to ask of you gentlemen (and ladies if we have any), is would the grille and headlights for the HSV Grange be so different from the earlier Caprice's?
    The reason I ask is that from the pic he posted of his Grange, I could swear they look identical apart from the obvious centre badge. I really wish I could post comparison pics to get someone else's perspective on this. Even the little fog light is supposed to be different.
    Oh well.....Maybe I should just chalk it up to my old fart eyes and pay up.

Thanks for tolerating my vague requests and I hope to be able to get something in the works soon.
    Cheers,
    Bob

ps.....if there's someone out there who wouldn't mind posting some pics for me, I could email them to you and save a lot of speculation on my part, while hopefully making my reasoning a bit clearer for anyone who is interested. Thanks again.

Are you talking about the E3 front end? The one that looks more like the F Series?

Pretty sure both headlights are the Xenon/Bi Xenon ones, can't see there being any difference there. Maybe between the Statesman but not the Caprice

Email them to me if you like
    cneale1982 at gmail dot com

Thread Information