HSV Forum

Page 10 of 10 First << ... 8910
    Thanks for the comments, recently I sold a mainstream car. Low km Corolla. It was quite a pain, but very high interest went to a good home. I've sold/tried to sell more premium cars in the past Manual m535i BMW, BMW 325is, the type and price range makes these very hard to move. Had the m535i come back. from a test drive with a stuffed clutch. Trading them cured me of BMW. There are certainly 10km mileage LSA Senators on say carsales. But having a cappucino and being told my low k series 1 NA is say 30k odd dollars while they are 50 k on the dealers lot, and spending 90k plus on an LSA senator, does actually seem worse to me. I'm a Senator style driver, mine is stock. I do legal limits except to pass and drive in my own space. No drag or track. I only have a V8 HSV because I can and I prefer the experience to eurocar/Lexus. I don't think I need a supercharger, it does just seem fun. I don't see myself at great risk of drive train breakage. Even if that occurred it seems fine compared to say 60k trade change over. So to aftermarket supercharge non Walkinshaw 15-20k plus some breakages and wear. I generally keep my cars 8 years plus now. Personal choice, not needing the latest.
    Last edited by SenatorW; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:23 AM.

That's a fair call, in my experience the difference was somewhat less. I recently looked at also moving in to an F2 Senator and it was 70k at the dealership. Very low km, excellent example. It did sell rather quickly, hence my questioning of if its say 20-25k change over, it just doesn't seem worthwhile. I guess you'd also have a few grand in stamp duty.

But don't get me wrong, I've had a blower on my VY GTS for around 5-6 years and it's been fine. I would suggest talking to Ben and if it's not too much of a trek, try and arrange a ride in one of their cars/customer's cars to get an idea of what you're looking at doing. I can't say I've ever heard of someone regretting putting a supercharger on.

I had Sonny at Autowerks in Sydney install my 2300 Maggie on my E3 GTS as I preferred (and still do) the E3 over GenF style. At the time and still to this day I believe he is a Walkinshaw dealer.
    Since moving to the ACT I have gone to GenTech for servicing and had no issues. So unless you want the hassle of driving or shipping your car to Sydney for a week, I would suggest you approach them with what you want, and I would find it hard to believe they would turn you away. Yes they may suggest the Walkinshaw gear, but either way they will get paid the same amount, if not more by installing the Maggie or Harrop over the Walkinshaw setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I service mostly with Gentech, and have had no issues. So I rang them up. They were very friendly about non WP supercharger upgrades, but every set up was about 3-5 k dollars more than going to Sydney or Melbourne. Of course a less trustworthy shop might be bait advertising a bit, and upsell, find some jobs on the car to do but 3-5 k more for local ACT seems a bit much. The 100% legal aspect of a factory LSA, also appeals a lot, but as retirement planning comes up a blower seems low dollar, For a laugh I had a look at BMW M540 road tests ball park 120k dollars for 250kW engines, and depreciation from an even higher water mark than buying a left over LSA MRC HSV. And an old BMW much harder if not impossible old car to live with.

+1 for Sonny @Autowerks. Noted I also live in Canberra.
    He built my stroker engine (yes I know its not a supercharger) and I am super happy with the job. He also does a bunch of superchargers making good power off relatively low boost. All his build videos are on the Autowerks Automotive facebook page so have a squiz and see what you like.

He's a real straight shooter, no bs and will tell you straight down the line what to expect and what it will cost.

He also has a very flash BMW.
    Last edited by WhipLash; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:41 PM.
    2008 MY09 HSV VE SENATOR #0270.
    Life's pretty straight without mufflers

Quote Originally Posted by SenatorW View Post
    Is it just me or do the intakes on both the W427 and W1 ruin the look of the engine bay

Quote Originally Posted by FollowTheSapper View Post
    Is it just me or do the intakes on both the W427 and W1 ruin the look of the engine bay

Sapp i personally think the W1 intake would be very restrictive, it has a 90deg bend which wouldn't be to good for smooth air flow and appears to be squashed nearly flat at that bend.

Thread Information