HSV Forum

Page 2 of 2 First << 12
    Tried a power washer on the car for the first time; hit the callipers and was very surprised at the muck that came off. Paint appears to be unaffected. Must admit, I am lazy when it comes to cleaning the car when the southerly winds are gale force.

I know what you mean. I was washing the car the other day when the big winds whipped up. There was more dirt on the car when I finished from when I started as all the dirt was sticking to the wet car.

I'll stand by my 2 year old response of using brake cleaner if they're off the car and you're refurbishing them...if it's a weekly clean or whatever, use a good quality de-ironizing product. The same as you'd use on your wheels. These are safe to remove fall out on your paint so won't have an issue stripping the clear or colour off your calipers.

https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/p..._wheel_cleaner

Use a brush to agitate it a little if the dust is baked on but if you do it regularly, they generally don't require much work at all.

Quote Originally Posted by grange250 View Post
    Tried a power washer on the car for the first time; hit the callipers and was very surprised at the muck that came off. Paint appears to be unaffected. Must admit, I am lazy when it comes to cleaning the car when the southerly winds are gale force.
    You should invest in a foam lance for your pressure washer. Excellent bits of gear and if the car isn't overly dirty, you can pretty much get away with just using that then a rinse...if it is dirty then it's a great pre-wash step to remove the bulk of the dirt so you don't mark the paint when you use a mitt/sponge/whatever

Like what you say white_lie but unfortunately this is a virtual eBay no name washer and as yet, haven't found anything that can fit. Some places in US claim to have attachments but haven't been game to take a chance. New washer is on the horizon!

Check the Bowdensown website, if you haven't already.

They have a great "snow cannon", and also have a range of attachments, so you might find something there to fit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Previous: VX Clubsport, VYII Avalanche Wagon, VE R8 Clubsport.
    Current: E3 GTS, Audi SQ5

Thread Information