HSV Forum

Page 8 of 9 First << ... 6789 Last >>
    Finally got the Mrs a helmet as part of her birthday present and straight down to WSID the first Wednesday night we could. She got three passes in before the rain hit. The first she left it in drive so was a little slow. Runs 2 and 3 in Sport mode, launch control on and only .34 off the factory 1/4mi time. Not bad for a first timer in a stock car with 125,***km and tyres that need replacing. Here are the videos of run 1 and 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsYulmAZiEQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPGFFOKPw8w

A few more trips and I will either have to upgrade the Golf or hand over my keys :/

Thats Awesome Mate.
    Just got the Wife a new VF2 LSA R8 and she is keen to come racing with me when I get my car back.

Where do you guys store your daily tyres when you switch to drag tyres at the track. Was going tonight then the other half got stuck at work so cannot take 2 cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FollowTheSapper View Post
    Where do you guys store your daily tyres when you switch to drag tyres at the track. Was going tonight then the other half got stuck at work so cannot take 2 cars.

Couldn't tell you what to do at WSID but I've chained them up to lamp posts or whatever is around at the Plex before....That said I've even just left them there with trolley jack and all a few times and they don't get touched. Everyone in the pit area is pretty much there for the same reason, don't think I've ever heard of people's wheels going missing tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    Couldn't tell you what to do at WSID but I've chained them up to lamp posts or whatever is around at the Plex before....That said I've even just left them there with trolley jack and all a few times and they don't get touched. Everyone in the pit area is pretty much there for the same reason, don't think I've ever heard of people's wheels going missing tbh.
    Thanks White_Lie, unfortunately I know wheels have been stolen from there just last year. Especially since mine are SVs I am not to keen on leaving them laying around unsupervised. Was thinking about taking out the spare and having one in there and the other in the boot. But not keen on having the trolley jack floating around in the boot at WOT.

Quote Originally Posted by FollowTheSapper View Post
    Thanks White_Lie, unfortunately I know wheels have been stolen from there just last year. Especially since mine are SVs I am not to keen on leaving them laying around unsupervised. Was thinking about taking out the spare and having one in there and the other in the boot. But not keen on having the trolley jack floating around in the boot at WOT.

Yeah that sucks!
    Does a full size rear fit in the wheel well?

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    Yeah that sucks!
    Does a full size rear fit in the wheel well?
    To be honest I completely forgot the rears are wider then the front/spare. Would have to take out the floor piece and use towels. Even less keen on that idea now.

Are you drag tires DOT approved, if you live close drive there on them at 40psi etc and then let the pressure out when ready to race and pump them back up when it's time to leave.

Nick drives 30-35km both ways to and from the track on his tires and they have lasted ages.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.703 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.56sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    Are you drag tires DOT approved, if you live close drive there on them at 40psi etc and then let the pressure out when ready to race and pump them back up when it's time to leave.

Nick drives 30-35km both ways to and from the track on his tires and they have lasted ages.
    Yeah I PM Nick earlier. We have about the same distance to drive. Was a bit worried about the soft compound.

How did you go last night??

Thread Information