HSV Forum

Page 2 of 5 First << 1234 ... Last >>

Thread: HSVfest 2015

Cheers for the extra info. Ultimately clubs are there to serve member interest, if they wanted it Member-only, you gotta do it that way

I'm sure with a bit more detail that's helped others wondering how it all works too.

I totally get what it costs to run clubs and events with 300+ cars, been doing it for 12 or so years now and I'm a life member in my chosen club. Even been silly enough to be on the committee in various capacities for 8 of those years.
    Totally agree with the people. Some guys have turned into my closest mates & various partners in businesses etc. HUGE advocate of clubs as a result, they just aren't for everyone.

Sounds like you're gonna have a cracking event on your hands either way.

Thanks,

It was very hard to write, because there is no emotion in emails, text messages and forums. And the last thing I wanted was an argument.

Geez the HSV OC of ACT sounds alot better than NSW.

By the way, that is not a known fact that all HSV OC members get free entry to Summernats if participating in the show and shine the ACT club put on. I was a member of the NSW club for many a year and that never reached up my way. Well not to me anyway, not saying that the info didnt reach someone within the club.

On your point about it being only members due to paying fees etc etc, i do understand that. On the flip side, if you opened it up to non members for a limited amount of entries, charge them more, give them a separate category, this could possibly boost the membership base for many states clubs. I for one would of entered if non members were allowed to for a few reasons- to catch up with members of the NSW club (no longer a member since i have moved to vic), check out some fantastic HSVs, actually get to enjoy and participate in the weekend rather than go all that way to just look.

Just my opinion, i think its fantastic this event has gotten momentum and has been opened up to other clubs. Good luck!

Real name Brady

SV6000 #0024

No worries,

Next year thinks could be different, and I would say it will be brought up over the weekend.

2015 was the first year we have not had members from the NSW or Victorian clubs at Summernats with us. That was my fault 100%, because I was on holidays and returned only a couple of days before Summernats, and forgot to invite them. In 2011 we have about 30 NSW members come down, in 2012 it was only about 5, 2013 we had some Vic and NSW members, same with 2014. But it has always been open for them to get the entries through us.

The HSVOC in Australia is all the same, and we all work together, I would never say we are better the any other HSVOC.(until after the HSVfest and ACT takes home the shield )

Now you have moved to Melbourne, why don't you join them? They are a great bunch of people.

Really, either i missed it at the weekly meetings, on the website or on facebook.... would of been great to go, is on the list to attend and being able to display with other HSV members would of been great.

Will be very interested to see how this turns out and plans for next year come together.

HSVOC are not all the same, we both know that. Either way they are all great clubs.

The Vic members are great, i know a few of them. Main reason for not joining is because my SV is now parked up with no rego so it wasnt worth the rego and insurance to get it out a few times a year. However i have considered trailering it to shows and events like this one (hence the very first questions about being open to non members). As its no show queen and has been enjoyed, the opportunity to show it then rip around the race track is fantastic- similar to Bathurst fest or what ever its called, summernats etc etc. Am part of SAU however, so maintaining my CAMS licence.

As before, hope the event is fantastic and this thread gets updated with pics and videos. Would be good to see a facebook page set up also.

Real name Brady

SV6000 #0024

Quote Originally Posted by Blown Clubby View Post
    Please refer to the poster.

Roll call for those attending HSV Fest, June Long Weekend in Albury. Hope to see a few of the forum members there.
    2014 VF GTS M6
    2004 VYII R8 M6

Does anybody know if we require a helmet for Sundays motorsport events ?

Quote Originally Posted by airag View Post
    Does anybody know if we require a helmet for Sundays motorsport events ?
    Not sure, nothing has been mentioned. Best take it anyway, wouldn't hurt.
    2014 VF GTS M6
    2004 VYII R8 M6

Yeah reckon you're right ....

I will be taking mine, but they are not required. The CAMs permit was approved on Friday.

We are waiting on the shield to be finished and an update will be emailed to the participating clubs. Along with the full program, and registration details on the Friday. We have 3 times the amount of people going then was expected, and we can confirm that at the numbers that have been supplied over the weekend, this is the largest HSV event to date.

The merchandise for entrants has arrived on Friday, so that was a relief, and a big thank you to the Motorsport Superstore for there great service and getting the stuff made up for us.

The whole event will be updated as the weekend goes by on instagram, on the "HSV Owners club of ACT" instagram page. So follow to get all the photos and updates during the weekend.

Just 2 weeks to go.

Thread Information