HSV Forum

Page 2 of 17 First << 123412 ... Last >>
    Thanks VFR8...awesome thread and info.
    One question, and it may be a little bit newbie, but do the R8 tyre you've listed also apply to the Gen-F (not R?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by VFR8 View Post
    Tyres for Street only duties - HSV R8 and GTS Models

So a quick update on just the Nitto NT05.

Great tyre after initial driving. Will take a heat cycle to settle down a bit (little greasy even after a few hundred KM). So will sort that out and give them a flogging over the weekend.

The road noise from them is noticeable compared to the Conti's, but the grip levels are far better. If I remember the day after I got tuned (10,000km ago) it was skating, everywhere, and only got worse as time went on. Now with NT05, no movement at all. Sidewall is also quite a bit stiffer, although the edge of the tyre is rounded so it will still 'chew' out a bit with heavy cornering requirements but with some luck it won't be anywhere near as bad and for the price - I couldn't care less they are that cheap

So if you are after far better performance and can live with some road noise - for $1250-$1350 delivered from Taleb Tyres in Sydney (give them a buzz, best price in the country)... They are excellent value IMO.

would the VE HSV VE AP 4 SPOT fit in the GENF 2014 VF HSV R8SV ?
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOLDEN-HS...item3a7543adb8

rear http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOLDEN-HS...item3cc6f53de0

Quote Originally Posted by VFR8 View Post
    Also if someone has the GTS Brake information, post up and I'll add it to the one post to make it a true guide for all HSV VF

Hi there

I can say that at this point in time there is no aftermarket replacement for the GEN-F GTS 6P front and 4P rear braking system and this also includes the same fitted on the VE series.

You need to purchase genuine HSV discs and the cost is $1500 each disc (no that's not a pair or a typo, that's each discs)

On the VE's, it has become a common practise for owners to purchase the Harrop Ultimate kit for $6000 which includes calipers, pads and discs and covert their brake system to this. Why? Because you can replace all 4 harrop discs for $2000, as opposed to the genuine HSV discs costing $6000. Apparently the VE discs in the 6P front and 4P rears is similar size to the genuine HSV but a whisker smaller.

GEN-F GTS Brakes Specifications are the following;-

GEN-F GTS LSA Front Disc

Outer Dia = 390mm
    Height = 54mm Rear face of rotor to front face of hat
    Nom Thick = 35.5mm
    Min Thick = 33.5mm
    Hub Reg = Spigot Dia 67.45mm
    Bolt Size = 14mm
    Bolt Circle = 5 x 120.0mm
    Offset = 45.5mm from hub mounting face to inboard brake face

GEN-F GTS LSA Rear Disc

Outer Dia = 372mm
    Height = 41mm Rear face of rotor to front face of hat
    Nom Thick = 28.0mm
    Min Thick = 26.0mm
    Bolt Size = 14mm

I have spoken to Andrew Purcell at HSV and I raised the issue of the costs of replacement brakes with him. Andrew was kind enough to take this back to HSV management and raise this issue, however he was over-ruled on a price reduction. Hopefully one day soon HSV will release a "service kit" like they do for other models where you can purchase two new discs and pads for under $1500.

There is nothing aftermarket for the GEN-F GTS discs. I have spoken to the head of DBA Australia and there are no plans on producing anything either. There is nothing in the rest of the world the same size/specs either.

I have two projects at present and I have performed countless hours of research in regards to brakes for this reason and I've found nothing aftermarket anywhere.
    2017 GEN-F2 HSV GTSR Heron White 6M 844
    2017 VF II SSV Redline Heron White 6M
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Nitrate Silver 6M 098 (Gone)
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Heron White 6A 617 (Gone)
    2013 VF SSV Redline Nitrate Silver 6M (Gone)
    2002 VX SS II Quicksilver 6M
    Dream Car:- HSV VL SS GRP A

Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell!

Quote Originally Posted by hsv-cigars View Post
    would the VE HSV VE AP 4 SPOT fit in the GENF 2014 VF HSV R8SV ?
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOLDEN-HS...item3a7543adb8

rear http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOLDEN-HS...item3cc6f53de0

Yes, however I would strongly recommend Hawk pads which are far superior to the stock HSV items

Quote Originally Posted by RCBVFGTS View Post
    Hi there

I can say that at this point in time there is no aftermarket replacement for the GEN-F GTS 6P front and 4P rear braking system and this also includes the same fitted on the VE series.

You need to purchase genuine HSV discs and the cost is $1500 each disc (no that's not a pair or a typo, that's each discs)

On the VE's, it has become a common practise for owners to purchase the Harrop Ultimate kit for $6000 which includes calipers, pads and discs and covert their brake system to this. Why? Because you can replace all 4 harrop discs for $2000, as opposed to the genuine HSV discs costing $6000. Apparently the VE discs in the 6P front and 4P rears is similar size to the genuine HSV but a whisker smaller.

GEN-F GTS Brakes Specifications are the following;-

GEN-F GTS LSA Front Disc

Outer Dia = 390mm
    Height = 54mm Rear face of rotor to front face of hat
    Nom Thick = 35.5mm
    Min Thick = 33.5mm
    Bolt Size = 14mm

GEN-F GTS LSA Rear Disc

Outer Dia = 372mm
    Height = 41mm Rear face of rotor to front face of hat
    Nom Thick = 28.0mm
    Min Thick = 26.0mm
    Bolt Size = 14mm

I have spoken to Andrew Purcell at HSV and I raised the issue of the costs of replacement brakes with him. Andrew was kind enough to take this back to HSV management and raise this issue, however he was over-ruled on a price reduction. Hopefully one day soon HSV will release a "service kit" like they do for other models where you can purchase two new discs and pads for under $1500.

There is nothing aftermarket for the GEN-F GTS discs. I have spoken to the head of DBA Australia and there are no plans on producing anything either. There is nothing in the rest of the world the same size/specs either.

I have two projects at present and I have performed countless hours of research in regards to brakes for this reason and I've found nothing aftermarket anywhere.
    so i know your talking about the GTS . This i assume for the VF GENF HSV R8 http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-GENUI...item339aed0e35
    I dont understand where $1500 a disc is coming from ?

Quote Originally Posted by hsv-cigars View Post
    so i know your talking about the GTS . This i assume for the VF GENF HSV R8 http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-GENUI...item339aed0e35
    I dont understand where $1500 a disc is coming from ?
    Yes, the link you provided is what's called the "HSV Service Kit" for those that own HSV VE/VF non GTS models that don't have 6P front and 4P rear "big brake" set-ups. This will fit all those that have VE/VF HSV AP 4P front calipers and 4P rear calipers.

Yes, $1500 per discs is expensive but HSV can charge what they like as it's a custom part and there is nothing aftermarket

Quote Originally Posted by RCBVFGTS View Post
    Yes, the link you provided is what's called the "HSV Service Kit" for those that own HSV VE/VF non GTS models that don't have 6P front and 4P rear "big brake" set-ups. This will fit all those that have VE/VF HSV AP 4P front calipers and 4P rear calipers.

Yes, $1500 per discs is expensive but HSV can charge what they like as it's a custom part and there is nothing aftermarket
    thanks for the reply . you know your stuff . its great being a part of this forum.

I believe Matt can get them slightly cheaper than the local HSV dealer...Not much in it but every little bit helps when you're paying almost 3 grand for a pair of rotors. And given the price for replacements, I'd be going with the softest pads possible lol

Thread Information