HSV Forum

Page 16 of 17 First << ... 614151617 Last >>
    My thoghts and my thoughts only

The hsv already from factory has decent enough pads fitted

From what ive found doing tracks days once you get fast, youll have a whole host of other issues
    Eg oil temp, tire wear

If it already has hsv pads i would bother

Braided lines many high end car brands dont have these, the need to be inspected ofteb, it will only change the feel

Personally id check your pads and do fluid change as precaution
    Also make sure you have good tires, pzeros or michelin 4s, tires make a huge difference many people neglect these and spend money on things that make marginal difference

Suspension if its in good working order i would leave it, changing to coilover wont make it that much quicker. Personally i dont even like coilover because you pay for the adjustability which lets be honest no one uses and often get skimped on quality of shock unless spending a fair bit of coin

Quote Originally Posted by ASD14 View Post
    Its not my first mate, ive already taken the car to the track.. but I wouldn't mind improving the brakes and handling, so looking at some shockworks coilovers and some braided lines, fluid, pads...

but I keep getting conflicting views, some say don't bother and some say the DS3000 and some braided lines and the AP Racing 600 fluid is the go...

Thought id ask here and get some feedback hopefully from someone who has actually done it.

Cheers.
    At Easter this year I did the 6 hour regularity at Sydney Motorsport Park in my GTSR.
    I did approx 80 laps of track time over the weekend.
    (8 x 10 lap stints)
    I thoroughly checked the car before the event.
    I changed oil & filter.
    I ditched the conti tyres & went to Yokohama 295 & 265 (same size as W1)
    So, apart form tyres, the car was 100% standard/unmodified.
    Standard pads, brake fluid, suspension etc.
    The car ran comfortable 1 minute 56, - 58 seconds all weekend.
    Never got brake fade, oil temp stayed in spec, gee, even the tyres still look good.
    The water temp would get up to 3/4 on some laps, but I would slow down for half a lap, then get stuck into again.

My point?
    The HSV product is so good out of the box you don't need to do any mods for the occasional track day.
    Sure, get a decent tyre, make sure oil, brake fluids etc are 100%.
    If you want to improve your times go get some lessons.
    You can improve lap times by heaps just by knowing how to drive.
    Most of all, enjoy yourself
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION

I'm glad you guys have supported the stock HSV product. I've run my totally stock Track Edition at a couple of track days and I haven't had any dramas with anything. Even the stock tyres allowed me to be the fastest car on track at Marulan on a practice day, and provided the best grip in the wet at SMSP according to the instructor.

When I want to go faster, I'll be looking at going to a more track spec tyre. I need to sort out the traction control settings as the action is pretty abrupt, particularly on a wet track. That's all. Everything else I love as it is.

Thanks for the feedback fellas!! Well to be honest when I took the car standard to Mallala raceway, I was pretty happy overall with the balance of the car (brakes, handling, power, tyre grip etc).

I just wanted to push a bit harder this time and to see if there is much of a benefit getting better pads, fluid etc.

Might look at some new, better tyres and go have some fun.

TPKW30 - Mate what Yokohamas where you running?? I really cant find any R-Compound 20" semi slick...

The most track focused tyre we can get is the Michelin P4S, which is not really a track tyre, just a UHP street/hills.

TPKW30 - Mate what Yokohamas where you running?? I really cant find any R-Compound 20" semi slick...

The most track focused tyre we can get is the Michelin P4S, which is not really a track tyre, just a UHP street/hills.
    They're not R -Spec. They are Advans though.
    I'll go get the info off the tyre & post it up.
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION

Michelin pilot sport cup 2

Quote Originally Posted by mickyinc View Post
    Michelin pilot sport cup 2
    Don’t think they’re available in 20” HSV sizes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

They don't make our size tyres, closest fit would be 265/35R20 front and 295/30R20 rear.. but that's going to bigger rolling diameter on the front and smaller on the rear, so don't know how they will affect the handling.

They make a 305/30R20, but then it wont fit the 9.5" hsv rim... plus there $700+ per tyre in that odd size.

They don't make our size tyres, closest fit would be 265/35R20 front and 295/30R20 rear.. but that's going to bigger rolling diameter on the front and smaller on the rear, so don't know how they will affect the handling.

They make a 305/30R20, but then it wont fit the 9.5" hsv rim... plus there $700+ per tyre in that odd size.
    There weren’t any good options when I looked at it, which is why I ended up going with the PS4S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Thread Information