HSV Forum

Page 17 of 17 First << ... 7151617
    Yeh im hearing you mate, im leaning toward the same set now.. just hope they grip a lot better than the Conti 5p's lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ASD14 View Post
    Yeh im hearing you mate, im leaning toward the same set now.. just hope they grip a lot better than the Conti 5p's lol.
    100% better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Quote Originally Posted by mickyinc View Post
    Michelin pilot sport cup 2
    I have those on my Focus - on the street they are sensational.
    On the track not so impressed.
    Shocking also in the wet.
    The factory Conti's are prob best tyre for wet conditions.
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION

Quote Originally Posted by ASD14 View Post
    TPKW30 - Mate what Yokohamas where you running?? I really cant find any R-Compound 20" semi slick...

The most track focused tyre we can get is the Michelin P4S, which is not really a track tyre, just a UHP street/hills.
    The Yokohama on mine are :- Advan Sport V105 in 265/35R20 front and 295/30R20 rear (same size as W1)
    I got them trade price for $400 each - not sure on retail price though.
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION

I have hankook ventus rs3 on now. They are the best tyres I've had on the Ve so far. They are a semi slick, great in the dry and hvnt had an issue in the wet. I've used 3 diff models kumho, michelins 2 models, toyo proxy, nitto and yokohamas , the hankook are far far better than all. The rs3 is a discontinued model but you can still get a set.
    You may sacrifice a little in wet, I hvnt noticed that , but with power I hv none work tht well any way. Semi slicks have come a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    Suspension if its in good working order i would leave it, changing to coilover wont make it that much quicker. Personally i dont even like coilover because you pay for the adjustability which lets be honest no one uses and often get skimped on quality of shock unless spending a fair bit of coin
    The adjustable platform and damper is used to get the initial setup correct. You are correct in saying most people don't adjust it much once it's in, but having the flexibility at the initial setup stage is crucial for getting the car to handle right for your driving style and requirements. It's very difficult to get the height and balance of the car right by just using a fixed spring/shock combo. In addition to the above, you also have many different spring rates available for a coilovers setup. I've used springs that are around double the spring rate of the usual King SSL springs for my car
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

I dont adjust ride height often but i do click damper settings in or out to suit wet, dry, hot, cold, sunny ,shady, conditions and road surfaces.

Tire opinions can be subjective in some cases I reckon, and can depend upon what you are looking for in a tire.
    We had Pirelli P Zero Rossos on our VZ GTO which we thought were brilliant. Maybe not so hot on wear characteristics, but for comfort, quietness, and a good all round tire we thought they were great, albeit a little expensive.
    We've had Conti 5Ps on a C63 we owned & found them OK too, a bit harsher ride than the Pirellis, but that could've been down to the car. Had Contis on an RS Focus, and they're also on our GTSR.
    Pickles.

Thread Information