HSV Forum

Page 15 of 17 First << ... 51314151617 Last >>

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV View Post
    Not sure if this helps, but we just put 19x8.5 Koya SF11's on the front of my brothers SSV Redline and there was heaps of room around the brakes

That does help, thanks for posting. Do you know the tyre specs that went on by any chance? Ute looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV View Post
    Canít argue with the price, Iím sure youíll be happy with them, especially after coming off stuffed Contiís. I changed my Contiís at 15,000kms for the same reason. They were only 50% worn but were hard, noisy and didnít have any grip. Wish Iíd changed earlier to be honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just got them on today, and yes, can feel the difference straight away, much quieter than the factory conti's. I was at 26000 on them with the rears almost gone but the fronts had around 50% tread still, but changed all 4. Will see how I go longer term, but the initial feedback on the short trip back home was good.

Quote Originally Posted by commander_dan View Post
    That does help, thanks for posting. Do you know the tyre specs that went on by any chance? Ute looks good!
    Full specs are:
    Koya SF11 Satin Black with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
    Fronts 19x8.5 35p 245/40R19
    Rears 19x9.5 45p 275/35R19

For VF HSV youíd need 255/45R19 and 275/40R19 to keep close to the factory tyres overall rolling diameter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Hi guys, not sure if this has been mentioned already , does anyone know the rotor size specs for a VF SV black R8 sedan front and rear? They have the black 4 pot AP race brakes factory fitted.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by commander_dan View Post
    Look good and are not some ridiculous sizing that's all to common these a days like 20x10 fronts, 20x11rears

Quote Originally Posted by rodders188 View Post
    Look good and are not some ridiculous sizing that's all to common these a days like 20x10 fronts, 20x11rears
    Agree. Even the rear offset we went for was 10mm higher than what Koya recommended. It would have rubbed bad and looked stupid if we went for that!
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

The huge offsets are to clear the GTS brakes , the ssv redline brembos are no where near the 6 piston calipers

Hey guys got a track day coming up in 3 weeks and want to get my car sorted.

Im most likely going some better pads (Ferodo DS3000, Goodridge braided lines and some high temp AP racing fluid).

Has anyone done this on a vf hsv and noticed a good difference over the stock pads, lines, fluid??

Cheers.

I personally dont think its necessary particularly if first track day

Its not my first mate, ive already taken the car to the track.. but I wouldn't mind improving the brakes and handling, so looking at some shockworks coilovers and some braided lines, fluid, pads...

but I keep getting conflicting views, some say don't bother and some say the DS3000 and some braided lines and the AP Racing 600 fluid is the go...

Thought id ask here and get some feedback hopefully from someone who has actually done it.

Cheers.

Thread Information