HSV Forum

Page 3 of 11 First << 12345 ... Last >>
    so uh my sister comes over today with her husbands hyundai i30 and she shows me the side mirrors can electronically move themselves inwards and back out ? Is our GEN-F HSV R8 and GTS ment to have this function ? im sure as **** mine doesnt and im pretty pissed off that a shitheap cheapo hyundai i30 has this feature and mine doesnt .

Can the I30 do 0-100 in under 5 secs? Can it scare the shit out of you or put a smile on your face when you drive it,? Does it get looks from admirers any time of day? Think I can live without folding mirrors!!
    '06 VZ Senator 4A - 416
    '10 E3 Senator 6M - 26
    '06 VZ S2 R8 Maloo 4A - 31

Imports built in high density countries have had folding mirrors for a long long time. I'd imagine Holden/HSV don't see it as a necessity because there's plenty of room to get another car past when you're parked on the side of the road.

I'm with this guy ^ though, would take the rumble of a V8 over a folding mirror any day of the week! I'd be saying the i30 was the wife's, even if it was my daily/bunky lol

Lol all true . But hey for the money thought they would have included it .

Doesn't the senator have dipping side mirrors when you engage reverse?
    and "maybe" folding mirrors?

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    10.373 @135.70mph 29/May/2016
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.89sec
    V-Box Results 0-60mph in 2.76sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

All auto's dip the passenger mirror .. or at least I am sure they do when reverse is selected. Not sure why manuals don't??
    '06 VZ Senator 4A - 416
    '10 E3 Senator 6M - 26
    '06 VZ S2 R8 Maloo 4A - 31

Quote Originally Posted by Senator01 View Post
    All auto's dip the passenger mirror .. or at least I am sure they do when reverse is selected. Not sure why manuals don't??
    Auto VF GTS doesn't.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    10.373 @135.70mph 29/May/2016
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.89sec
    V-Box Results 0-60mph in 2.76sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Does anyone else's front sensors turn off sometimes?
    I've noticed on several occasions the sensors do not go off when I'm parking against a gate/wall even though I'm real close.
    Look down at the buttons and notice the sensors are off..manually switch them back on and the sensors go mental - beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeep!!!!! And the diagram sensors on the screen is at red alert!!

If I trusted the sensors I would have damaged the front bumper for sure
    Current Ride: 2014 HSV Gen f GTS, Auto - Herron White
    Previous Ride: 2011 FPV BOSS GT 335, Manual - Edge with Silver stripes

Quote Originally Posted by skooby View Post
    I've noticed on several occasions the sensors do not go off when I'm parking against a gate/wall even though I'm real close.
    Look down at the buttons and notice the sensors are off..manually switch them back on and the sensors go mental - beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeep!!!!! And the diagram sensors on the screen is at red alert!!

I think you have to go slowly for some time before they kick in, so I just manually select mine. Better than having the suckers go off in traffic all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by skooby View Post

when i get to work and park upfront infront of the wall the sensors dont beep , i have to press the button like you. i dont know maybe i have turned off some feature in the settings . also when i reverse it doesnt go beeping crazy like it used to . has to be something in the settings i switched off . i get a visual warning on the screen with 1 or 2 beeps when reversing then thats it .

Thread Information