HSV Forum

Page 2 of 11 First << 1234 ... Last >>
    So after getting fed up with Pandora i connected up my ipod classic .its taking forever to index ? Do the new ipod touch have Bluetooth ?

Depends what you tell the Bluetooth to sync. Check your settings and remove stuff if it takes too long.

Mine takes roughly 5mins to sync each time I start the car because the car re-downloads the entire address book. No idea why, silly coding on MyLink behalf IMO. Should only download the "new" contacts.

Quote Originally Posted by VFR8 View Post
    Depends what you tell the Bluetooth to sync. Check your settings and remove stuff if it takes too long.

Mine takes roughly 5mins to sync each time I start the car because the car re-downloads the entire address book. No idea why, silly coding on MyLink behalf IMO. Should only download the "new" contacts.
    With this ipod classic i have 50gb left on it .so i do have a lot of music on it i guess thats why its taking ages.

I don't worry about music in my car..I much prefer having the windows down and listening to the soundtrack that the engine makes
    Current Ride: 2014 HSV Gen f GTS, Auto - Herron White
    Previous Ride: 2011 FPV BOSS GT 335, Manual - Edge with Silver stripes

I have a thumbnail 64gb USB drive that has my entire music collection (30+ GB) on it. If I add music and reconnect it, it normally takes about 2-3 minutes to index. Decided to go that way after getting tired of the random Bluetooth 'pitch change' when I had my phone's music playing... Normally the USB only takes about a minute or so when left in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    I have a thumbnail 64gb USB drive that has my entire music collection (30+ GB) on it. If I add music and reconnect it, it normally takes about 2-3 minutes to index. Decided to go that way after getting tired of the random Bluetooth 'pitch change' when I had my phone's music playing
    I tried that with 2 or 3 different USB's I have and none would work on it, your USB must be a little different.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    I tried that with 2 or 3 different USB's I have and none would work on it, your USB must be a little different.
    I kept the folder structure as simple as possible (only 2 to 3 sub folders). From memory (pardon the pun) the brand I am using is Kingston.

Yeah mine was even more simple just a couple of songs not in folders.....wonder if that was the problem...might try again with them in some folders.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

My ipod classic took a day and a half to index . Then i disconnected it reconnected it and the indexing crap starts all over again . Ive got over 10.000 songs on it .might have to get another ipod and just put favorites on it instaed .

I've got over 1500 contacts due to the nature of what I do... So over bluetooth I cannot access shit for upto 5mins usually "address book unavailable" or some shit it says... I can do it manually but then that's breaking the law.

So so annoying when I'm in/out of a car quite a bit each day and wanting to make calls.

I haven't bothered with loaded device music - I find it's easier just to stream from di.fm, pandora or other such via Bluetooth and have had no issues there really.

USB is a good idea though, but if it's going to try re-index every bloody time that can GAGF'd as well. Very poor programming

Thread Information